Goose rags for woodies

MARK 1

Just a thought to see what you all think of the goose rag decoy's for using when shooting woodies,Weve shot over them this season on pinks down here in lancs with a great deal of success,anybody any reports either on geese or woodie's

I for one would'nt use anything else on geese ,definately going to give them a try ,or any of the dealers on the site in the process of making them for woodies.

Basically mate it's what it sounds like a rag on a pole made in colours to suit <ie> pinks ,canadas etc... you can carry a hundred easily one problem the more you have the longer it takes to set up ive heard in america they use upto 5 hundred & it takes them several hours to  set up.

regards mark...........

My father in-law has told me that the old boys in the village used pieces of blue/gray rag for decoying pigeon this was an era when decoys were not so common place as today, i would imagine it was in the fourties or fifties, by all accounts it worked well.

We have an exciting new product coming soon...its called the "flock coated pigeon rag", the finest pigeon rag in the world.....truly the best all round pigeon rag you can buy!

Only £300 for a box of ten!

:)  :laugh:  :)  :laugh:  :)

I think I've mentioned this before. A chap I know has decoys that are made of grey halfround guttering, cut to the profile of a pigeon (as seen from above) with a couple of splashes of white paint for the wing bars, and a dab for the collar. They work. With regard to the rag decoys, didn't somebody recently post an idea for crows that used a piece of black cloth and a tennis ball?

Sounds a

feasible

idea Mark, and could be well worth a try. Cost would be nil, and Im all for "travelling light". Theoretically I can see it working ok especially in a wind, as all we need is movementand colour to bring them into shotgun range, and of course the fallen birds to add to the pattern.I for one will give it a try this year.  All it requiresis a bit of simple diy, and nothing to lose.

Thanks for that HW. but the origanal thread was'nt based on cost ,we to use upwards of 100 deaks for geese with the rags mixed in the only reason being the movement & yes i do agree they really do work .my point being if for geese why not for woodies ?.

regards MARK.