Hello from newbie nr Exeter

Good afternoon everyone! Just saying a quick hello from Exeter(ish). I am in the process of obtaining my SGC to, primarily, go clay shooting, which no doubt will follow with rough shooting once I get into it! Have been shooting a half dozen or so times on corporate days / stag do's and really enjoyed it, always said I would get the required kit to do it myself, and have now bitten the bullet and am underway in doing so!

Have been having a very good read through the forums, some excellent reading and information and advice found and noted, and I cant wait to actually go out and start shooting now! The wife bought me some 1to1 shooting tuition for christmas which I am going to use the scratch the itch until I get my SGC. (Am also visiting local shoots with friends of mine to get to know the ropes)

Anyways, I hope to chat to / read about / locally meet up with you guys at some point in the future!

Cheers

Richard

• 4 weeks later...

hi richard im a newbie on here too im from exeter,was just wondering if you have been granted your sgc yet? if so how long has it taken?,im just in the process now of getting my sgc,i intend to go clay shooting to,i have got some land i can shoot back up in somerset,but its a way to go all the time welcome anyway by the way :good:

• 2 weeks later...

License arrived this morning! Happy days! So in all, just over a month from application to receipt, which is a lot less than I was lead to beleive would be the case!

Luckily for me, I live 5 minutes away from Ladds of Crediton, so I shall be paying them a visit this coming week to get fitted up!

Richard

License arrived this morning! Happy days! So in all, just over a month from application to receipt, which is a lot less than I was lead to beleive would be the case!

Luckily for me, I live 5 minutes away from Ladds of Crediton, so I shall be paying them a visit this coming week to get fitted up!

Richard

D&C have always been pretty fast in my experience :good:

Tom is the chap to deal with at Ladds - decent fella who knows his stuff!

Good result and let us know what You invest in.

Mark