New Beretta A400 Excel

louis682

• 5 months later...

I just bought the A400 Xplor light, and got it for £ 1,280.00 here in NI.

Only problem here is that shotguns are all on an FAC, no SG´s here LOL.

It´s basically the same as the continent, where most countries class shotguns as part 1 firearms.

Edited by Redditch

• 1 month later...

strange, mine came with 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 chokes.

a bit tight of beretta not to supply with a full set i thought.

and the extended chokes for this work loose worse than the extended ones for the urika 2.

i've found i need to tweek these up with the key which i'm not overly impressed with.

sounds like youve got the xplor or one of the other 400 models, what colour is the receiver ?

as far as i am aware the xcel comes with extended chokes in 1/4, 1/2 & 3/4.

this is what i was told by gmk before i bought mine ,the dealer was told the same by gmk, and this is what it turned up with.

nice thing is the gunpods an option on this model, and none of the first batch has them.

i was a bit undecided if to go with kickoff or not, pretty much decided i didnt want it, the xplor is reportedly a better gun without it.

again first batch were all non kickoff so this sort of made the decision for me, and i'm pleased it worked out like this.

these really do not need the kickoff for running clay loads, its a very soft shooting gun.

only slight downer is the lack of a full set of chokes, and that the additional forend weights that are mentioned quite a bit

are also an extra. also the extended chokes dont have the coloured bands which the prevail chokes have, bearing in mind they are the same choke system.

in my opinion a better choke selection than came with the xplor though.

sounds like youve got the xplor or one of the other 400 models, what colour is the receiver ?

as far as i am aware the xcel comes with extended chokes in 1/4, 1/2 & 3/4.

this is what i was told by gmk before i bought mine ,the dealer was told the same by gmk, and this is what it turned up with.

Yep, I got the A400 XPLOR light, nice gun, glad it doesn´t have that blue receiver or the electronics, for the rest about the same gun. :good:

Well pleased with it, on clays, game, and pigeons.