Ford GT40

Supersonic

You don't have to have a car insured... if you have enough funds in the bank.

Correct, but you do have to hold a bond of £20k (or at least it used to be) with Lloyds of London and be able to prove fluidity to cover costs is you choose not to be conventionally insured - i used to work for a company that did that, however that was before the rise in personal injury litigation so i would imagine the bond has gone up these days.

EDIT - can't type on this new laptop

Edited by blackla

A silver on black numberplate would make it Isle of Man i think so i'm not sure if it would show up on askmid

Errr no, some people just think they look "cool", or if he was down our way £60 and reported to the DVLA for mis use of a number plate lol

seems as though it lives in St Johns Wood / abbey road

img_0271.jpg?w=490&h=367

dont see any parking sensors, he aint getting out of there any time soon! :hmm:

tis very nice though,about 5 years ago we were at Le Mans and I was in my 1969 911,and in front was an origional,we were driving to Arnarge at about 2a.m to watch,it were beautiful.it was parked in the same field as us when we went to leave,it was in gulf blue colours, no orange strip though and you could see the inprint on the paint where they had pealed off the race number,it carried some race scars and the slide on the window was open,the smell of history was intoxicating.(i used to be into cars but i'm over it now :blush: )