Shugboroughgame fair

Justintime

posted in the wrong section like a melon fat fingers is my excuse lol who is comeing to Shugborough game fair i will be there both days why not come and say hallo and have a brew i will pm anyone off here my location who fancies a FREE brew.5th &6th of March

Edited by Justintime

posted in the wrong section like a melon fat fingers is my excuse lol who is comeing to Shugborough game fair i will be there both days why not come and say hallo and have a brew i will pm anyone off here my location who fancies a FREE brew.5th &6th of March

i will be there on the sat.

• 2 weeks later...

Went this morning, not a big gamefair, no shoot this year :no: . signs were rubish main gate was'nt open had to que at the other gate (Health and Safty) :lol: They let us in there after 9 o-clock :no: The toilets were filthy, lots of staf standing around and not one could find a bucket of water to swill them out. :no: probably another H&S issue :yes: If anyone is going Sunday use the ones in the House

But we did met the crew on SACS :good:

Paladin

went yesterday and it was **** it was tiny.i wont go again it was just a ***** fest full of stokie's with there trakkie trousers tucked in there socks running there flee bitten grayhounds/lurchers. was very poor the clay shoot was just a compact sporting set up and there were more food stands than anything else.......very poor show and wasnt worth the £20 we had to pay to get in.was done in about hour and half. and only one place selling propper guns. a couple of stalls selling **** chinease airguns and airsoft stuff to the ******. was nothing compared to newark last week.

went yesterday and it was **** it was tiny.i wont go again it was just a ***** fest full of stokie's with there trakkie trousers tucked in there socks running there flee bitten grayhounds/lurchers. was very poor the clay shoot was just a compact sporting set up and there were more food stands than anything else.......very poor show and wasnt worth the £20 we had to pay to get in.was done in about hour and half. and only one place selling propper guns. a couple of stalls selling **** chinease airguns and airsoft stuff to the ******. was nothing compared to newark last week.

Its a shame to learn that such an event has slumped to such a low ebb.

Can other PW members please help me out here, as I may have some of my facts wrong, but, it is my understanding that Shugborough was the home estate of the late Lord Lichfield, who was president of BASC.

Am I correct in stating that the BASC Gamekeepers fare was held for several years at Shugborough, or am I talking tosh?

The good man has not been dead all that long, so whats gone wrong in the interim?

I attended the BASC Gamekeepers Fare at Catton Park last year, and thoroughly enjoyed the day and hope to attend this year.

webber

webber i go to Catton Park and your right its a lovely gamefair.thats how i remember shugborough to have been,but it has been years since i've been.but i do try to get to catton park,i would reccomend it to anyone,and they usually have a good shoot layout.

The basc gamekeepers fair used to be at shugborough but moved to catton.Someone decided to start another fair at shugborough but it is a small affair and has not grown at all since it was started .Probably to early in the year really .It was the home of the late Lord Lichfield and was often seen at the event.

I remember when it used to be an exellent show we never missed it for years, then for some reason there was a fall out i think over costs, so it stopped all together.

Then i think it was the next season Catton held the BASC game keeper fair, wich wasnt as good to start with but has now grown in popularity and size and has become a show not to be missed.

It was a very close call, as i was taking the Mrs to Shougborough today but finished work later than expected this morning, its sounds i was lucky.

Agree....when we went for the first time 4 or 5 years ago i remember it being quite a good size. even the year before last it was still a good one but seemed to have lost a few of its stalls. last year was a whiteout really and i thought maybe it would have picked up again this year?

it was small but we made the most of it...had a good look at some rifles there so not a wasted trip

atb