Introducing Raqi

Glensman

Sit, retrieving and house trained, nice, my wife is not that good at 36. Nice dog, mine hit 1 year last week and is as mad as ever, bloody good at everything bar sitting still, apparently that comes at about 2 1/2 years.

Well now she hasnt mastered any of them yet. When the weather comes good i'll work with her more. I want to have her on pheasants this incoming season hopefully, I know GSPs mature slowly- but it's worth a punt!

Well now she hasnt mastered any of them yet. When the weather comes good i'll work with her more. I want to have her on pheasants this incoming season hopefully, I know GSPs mature slowly- but it's worth a punt!

She looks lovely. Take things at your own pace and try not to hurry things too much or the wheels fall off. :) (Or is that just GWP's :lol: ) Helen.

Hy , my advice don't be in a rush to take her out shooting this coming season will be to soon ,get the basics fully ingrained first SIT,COME BACK ,DROP at any distance ,AND retrieving the dummy's you want her to retrieve,then go on to cold game and then fresh shot birds . Then you,v got to train them to point ,that means the dog quarters its ground works up to its bird gos on point and stays on point until you tell it to flush the bird and SIT when bird flushes and stays sitting until you tell it to retrieve, and believe me these dogs will do all this IF TRAINED , the hunt point and retrieve dogs take a lot more training then a lab or spaniel and its not a two min it job ,but if done properly worth it with years of fantastic hunting. just my two pennyworth ( Trained my first GSHP in 1972 and Even won a few field trials ) Best of luck with your dog and enjoy her for years to come hy-flyer

excellent stuff

she looks a cracker :good:

You will know if the dog is ready for next season, she will still be very young especially for a HPR.

That will be your decision however it certainly wont be worth a punt if you are not 100% in her

Well I wont be rushing her if I can avoid it. I'm letting it come naturally at the minute. She has 20 odd field trial champs in the pedigree and her aunt is this years IFC. It should really be in her (I hope!)