roost shooting

pigeon street

went roost shooting last Saturday. Got to the woods around 2ish, not much happen for the first half hour, infact not much happened at all :no: left around 5.30 bag total 2 pigeons 2 squirrel :/ .

Try again....

Went today, Same wood, same time but different spot. arrived and left around the same time. Bag, 2 pigeons 2 squirrel :/

same again.

might try tomorrow......

Ive had a good night shooting 16 for 27 shots and did not get in the wood till 4.30pm much better than last week as there was a bit of wind :yes:

Would love to bag 2 squirrels as the game dealer is giving £5 a time they must really love them in london :lol:

Edited by proTOM1

Had a reasonable night see sporting pictures,as Tom says the birds are feeding alot later than two weeks ago so turning up before 3 is waste of time if you ask me if it close to your home 430 even better.

Shoot birds on OSR till 4 this week say week as last year all change the bags will be steadly improving now yipee.

Cheers OTH

Not a good day for our Club's third 2011 charity pigeon shoot. On one of the best estates we have access to but a sour SE wind did little to help bag numbers. Frustratingly I drew a wood which only shoots well in a strong west wind, my next number drew one of the best woods and found he simply could not cover it all and keep the pigeons on the move. Three boring hours for one grey squirrel and a couple of shots at passing pigeon which to be truthful were past and gone before I had the gun up. 61 was the total pigeon bag, two jays and a tree rat.When this place is on form up to 45 pigeon per Gun can be expected. A well hope for better conditions next time.

Blackpowder