Whic Small Rifle Primer?

To be honest, over many years and hundreds of thousands of reloads (for club use not personal) i can honestly say that the difference between primers is inconsequential. I would challenge anyone to say otherwise.

You probably don't shoot 17 Remington then? I tend to agree with you up to a point, but with a cartridge that has rapid pressure spikes like the 17 I have found using a thicker cup primer like the Remington 7 1/2 tends to work better. Your mileage may vary though.

To be honest, over many years and hundreds of thousands of reloads (for club use not personal) i can honestly say that the difference between primers is inconsequential. I would challenge anyone to say otherwise.

Spot on Vince and i must agree, however i believe a bit of psychological confidence in your shooting ability is gained by the knowledge that you are using primers marked "Benchrest" or "Match"

I use Federal 205M and 210M :D

Ian.

A very discerning shooter to able to tell one primer from another just by shooting .I never have been able to . The only difference in primers that I have been able to detect is between hard and soft primers . Not such a big deal with rifle primers but important in pistols primers . I used to use very soft Federal primers for loading .38 special ammo for police pistol shooting . The soft primer allowed you to fit a much softer hammer spring to your revolver to allow a better more even pull on the trigger when using your revolver in the double action mode .

Harnser .

Edited by Harnser