Larsen success

Ferretboy111

Hello all, just wanted to say that thank god ive managed to bag 6 magpies and a rook within a week using my larsen trap, hopefully will catch more as well, my shoot is full of them around 15 left i reckon. so if any one in suffolk wants a call bird to collect i can quite happily supply them, well atleast at the moment i can.

Alex

Thank you beatingisbest that post made me laugh. Are you really so naive to the ways of the world. You say you go beating so surely you know.

i have been beating nearly half my life and i or anyone i know has ever used a larsen trap. I suppose you shoot them, but surely shooting them as they are flying or out of a tree is more sportsmanship, plus cheaper.

anyway there is no point in even considering joining this forum if you dont shoot or beat.

Edited by beatingisbest

Thank you beatingisbest that post made me laugh. Are you really so naive to the ways of the world. You say you go beating so surely you know.

i have been beating nearly half my life and i or anyone i know has ever used a larsen trap. I suppose you shoot them, but surely shooting them as they are flying or out of a tree is more sportsmanship, plus cheaper.

anyway there is no point in even considering joining this forum if you dont shoot or beat.

Now now Beatingisbest Surely thats a very narrow minded point of view I do liek this forum the Majority of members are friendly and happy to help. You do occasionaly get those who think they know it all but this happens on every forum. Have you any idea what a larsen trap is and how the **** shooting can be cheaper than trapping i will never know :lol:

Look at the trap in your avatar :lol:

Also, I havent seen a beaters forum on here? :lol:

I think its good that people sign up, shooters or non shooters, everyone can learn something. Maybe they will learn some safety stuff, maybe they will get into shooting.. I joined as an airgunner, and I have since applied for FAC after joining here.

Its true what you say, its more sportsman like to shoot a flying bird.. but either way itle die, and I think its illiegle to free trapped pests? maybe its only squirrels..

I never liked traps much. The idea of getting cuaght, and waiting for the predator to come along and have an easy kill.. doesnt do it for me.

End of the day larsen traps or any traps are not ment to be sporting they are used to do a job deal with it.

Hi,

Well said. :lol: A trap is designed to work when you are not there. People that work in the countryside don't have endless hours to spare whenever they like to try and sportingly shoot a Magpie let alone several. They are difficult to get within range of and when you have got a few wary ones about the larsen can mop them up while you are doing something else. It would take a while to stalk them or decoy the Magpies. A trap is there to do a job because it needs doing not to be sporting.

If you need to deal with the Magpies or Crow before the Pheasants are nesting taking them in a sporting and rather uncertain method is not going to be top of the agenda especially if there a few on your ground. :lol:

Shooting is more enjoyable but not the most effective. :D

FM :D

Look at the trap in your avatar :lol:

Also, I havent seen a beaters forum on here? :lol:

I think its good that people sign up, shooters or non shooters, everyone can learn something. Maybe they will learn some safety stuff, maybe they will get into shooting.. I joined as an airgunner, and I have since applied for FAC after joining here.

Its true what you say, its more sportsman like to shoot a flying bird.. but either way itle die, and I think its illiegle to free trapped pests? maybe its only squirrels..

I never liked traps much. The idea of getting cuaght, and waiting for the predator to come along and have an easy kill.. doesnt do it for me.

:lol::lol: thank-you :D:D

Well i am a shooter have been since i was 9, i also ferret and beat at a near by shoot, and run my own shoot, to which there was 20 odd magpies around. ive used a larsens trap for a fair while now and i use them in conjunction with shooting, i shot three the other day and so far have caught 6 in the traps. all i do is grab it walk back to the pickup and dispatch it, simple. Oh and you try to kill 20 magpies to try and wipe them from the area, thing is you cant because they are too crafty so the larsens work a treat!

Alex :lol: