Lady freeland driver.

100milesaway

Hi to you all. I've now done 90,000 trouble free miles in my freelander,Last year whilst in seriosly heavy rain i experianced an intermitant fault usually when going uphill,( :blush: ),I know it sounds stupid. After driving back 300 miles it didn't happen again. On Sunday my partener washed the freelander and last night having parked slightly uphill it did not want to start. It is a deiselTD4 about 5/6 years old. You could hear pressumably the deisel pump noise from the rear and the engine was trying to turn over but sounded starved of deisel.I wondered if there was an airlock in the tank and released the filler cap, but didn't get the normal sucking noise. ( A memory from days gone by ) however the freelander did then start.I still don't feel that that is what it was though. So without appearing to be bereft of brain. Could there be a fault that kicks in when A wet and B going or parked slightly uphill. from Auntie. :good:

have u got much diesel in it i have one and the fuel gauge is a bit iffy the gauge shows one notch higher than it is common thing on them so the RAC man told me i has also had the rear pump replaced after packing in

It's got a good half a tank in it.Ussually the gauge it pretty accurate. Thanks . from Auntie. :good:

Water in the fuel filter?? (maybe water has got into your tank somehow (possibly a loose fuel filler cap/hose etc) - Not sure what set up your motor has but sometimes you find the diesel filter has a plug/tap at the bottom to let out any water contamination - Not sure if this was something only on older diesels but worth a look. Have a look for a large filter in the engine bay somewhere along the fuel lines before the pump. Worth a look at least.

Last thing you want is water in the engine - it WILL ****** it. From what you described it would seem more than likely that its water contamination of some sort. As said have a lok and if no joy get on to those forums - theres a wealth of info on them and a quick look could save you a fortune at the garage.

Mike