Coniston Shooting Ground

Coniston Are Building Some New Stands to make 100 bird Sporting, without interupting the set stands such as Whernside and Pendle, 2 of the stands are already finished so its well underway!! u guys got any comments you would like me to put forward to Peter?? there thinking of having an non registered once a month,

Comments and ideas welcome

Thanks

Sounds good but registered would sound better. Waterproof score sheets for reg shoots is a must.If they are short on refs, lots of people would do a shoot in the morning then ref in the afternoon and visa versa, or squad it and give actual start times to book in.A premier ground I think should be earning it's stripes. from Auntie. :good:

You would think part of the criteria to be awarded "Premier Plus Status" would be to hold Regular Registered Competitions anyway :hmm::hmm::hmm:

How long has this ground been "Premier Plus" ?

How many registered comps do they hold each year ?

Please don't tell me the answer.....I know :mad::mad::angry::angry:

Azzurri.

I wouldn't even be bothered if the entry fee was a little higher to cover the cost of refs - it would still be a world better than the £60 petrol I use getting to shoots now! :good: I like shooting at Coniston and would love to see them putting regular registered shoots on :yes:

Hi,

Coniston is our local ground and we go once twice a week, much like NickT as said its feels under-utilised so a once a month Reg 100 bird sporting comp would benefit not only clay shots in the area but the ground itself. I think it would have the catchment re shooters and bring numbers into the ground, we are currently traveling miles to find reg shoots, so We are well up for a 100 bird reg comp each month.

Im not to sure when the new stands will be finished but it developing well well worth a visit for thoses who have not yet been.

:good:

I'm at coniston doing the landrover experience in April

Can you just turn up and do a mornings clays before the driving of the Disco4, or do i have to book a time?

Going with my dad/brother so they have their own guns

Go onto the website, it will give you opening times, i think they are only closed 1 day of the week. It's turn up and shoot . from Auntie Enjoy. :yes:

It is a good ground and there are some very good sporting targets with a massive range to choose from and it is rarely so busy you cannot get on somewhere. The staff are lovely, the food is excellent and well priced, the lodge warm and welcoming and the regulars friendly.

But.Nowhere is perfect.

No menu boards on several stands so you have to pay for sighters and the conditions underfoot are not worthy of a Premier Plus Ground.

I don't like paying top prices to plowter about in a sea of mud and shoot in uneven waterlogged stands. This aspect lets an otherwise excellent ground down.