Cheltenham

Whitebridges

Don't talk to me about Cheltenham, this is the first time in ten yearts I've missed it!!! :) :thumbs: :lol:

Brave Inca for the Champion.

Run for free in the Bumper.

And I really shouldn't but I think it could be Beef or Salmon in the Cup, or Kingscliff.

Anyway there's one thing for sure there'l be some crack with the Irish boys. At least I've got a St Paddy's night dance in Shanghai with all the mad Irish contingent up there to look forward to on Sat night!!! ;);):D

Hammy

So another year. Another crop of hopefuls.

Any ideas?

We have a big Irish contingent on here. Boys any fancies?

Fisherman Mike,how is Sir Rembrant?

I understand both Sir Rembrant and Kingscliff are in very good order.

As is Tom Georges... Lord of Illusion which I saw work very very well a couple of weeks ago. Its a live outsider and as the trainer said himself there are a lot of horses this year in The Gold Cup that you could pick holes in.

I apologise to my Irish friends but Beef or Salmon should be 10/1 to get round Cheltenham let alone 5/1 fav.

Ill stick with Sir Rembrant an out and out stayer, sound jumper and most importantly runs really well at Cheltenham. If he doesnt go very close in what is an ordinary race this year Ill eat my Dog. ( or one of them ;) )

The Irish should win the first tomorrow with the favorite but I expect Rasharrow to return to form with a bang and chase him home for a place.

Champion hurdle could go anywhere this year and my money is on Arcalis to win with Admiral running into a place

My best bet of the meeting however has to be Voy Por Ustedes in the Arkle. I cant see anything beating him as he is such a superb jumper.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL WHO HAVE AN INTEREST . I shall be there Wed, Thur & Friday.

FM

Should be a cracking meeting as ever. I went Thursday and Friday last year for the first time and really enjoyed it.We stayed just outside Ross -on- Wye quite near Venitia Williams stable. My advice would be to watch her horses, she had a 33/1 winner last year, Idole First, that may run again this year.

I like Sweet Wake in the Supreme Novices, Arcalis in the Champion hurdle and Iris's gift in the Gold Cup.

So another year. Another crop of hopefuls.

Any ideas?

We have a big Irish contingent on here. Boys any fancies?

Fisherman Mike,how is Sir Rembrant?

I understand both Sir Rembrant and Kingscliff are in very good order.

As is Tom Georges... Lord of Illusion which I saw work very very well a couple of weeks ago. Its a live outsider and as the trainer said himself there are a lot of horses this year in The Gold Cup that you could pick holes in.

I apologise to my Irish friends but Beef or Salmon should be 10/1 to get round Cheltenham let alone 5/1 fav.

Ill stick with Sir Rembrant an out and out stayer, sound jumper and most importantly runs really well at Cheltenham. If he doesnt go very close in what is an ordinary race this year Ill eat my Dog. ( or one of them :) )

The Irish should win the first tomorrow with the favorite but I expect Rasharrow to return to form with a bang and chase him home for a place.

Champion hurdle could go anywhere this year and my money is on Arcalis to win with Admiral running into a place

My best bet of the meeting however has to be Voy Por Ustedes in the Arkle. I cant see anything beating him as he is such a superb jumper.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL WHO HAVE AN INTEREST . I shall be there Wed, Thur & Friday.

FM

Mike, Well tipped mate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yahooooooo.

Thanks mate... I had a good few quid on a t 10/1 earlier in the months so I am now playing the next three days with Money Courtesy of Paddy Power ( who ever he might be ) ;)

Ive got 200/1 About admiral in the Champion EW :o

Heres hoping :)

Mike, if ever you are this way I'd like to buy you a drink mate. As you said a fantastic jumper, in fact a Gold cup winner in the makng.

I've had a fantastic punters start and I wish you all the best over the next few days watching the action live. Thanks for your insight, the gold cup is an open race and as you say Sir Rembrant at 33/1 is sound value if you can get it.

I hope Kingscliff wins though as he missed the race when i was there and he looks like a champ to me. :D :o :o

Don't talk to me about Cheltenham, this is the first time in ten yearts I've missed it!!! :o :D:D

Run for free in the Bumper.

And I really shouldn't but I think it could be Beef or Salmon in the Cup, or Kingscliff.

Anyway there's one thing for sure there'l be some crack with the Irish boys. At least I've got a St Paddy's night dance in Shanghai with all the mad Irish contingent up there to look forward to on Sat night!!! :o :D :o

Hammy

Hope you won a shed load mate...... Well dsone. ;):)

Just about to leave for Cheltenham but before I go heres the horses im backing to day

R1. The Mick Weston (EW) Former smart Bumper Horse which is beter than his recent form suggests

R2. The Listener ( My second best of the meeting)

R3. Fundamentalist ( EW) Nigel Twiston Davies always fires one in when you least expect it could be today. The locals at his pub reckon this horse has been working well.

R4. Prince Willem (EW.) James Fanshawes horses at Cheltenham must always be given a second look.

R5. Bee AN Bee (EW) Local to me and connections are very hopeful, does nothing but stay and will think its been let loose without a jockey in the plate after carrying recent big weights. In fine fettle.

R6. Leading Contender. Won here last year, won its first race at Chepstow in a absolute canter ( I was there ) left a big impression on me. I cant desert it so it will be carrying the weight of my wager. Should be fit and ready to go.

Good luck.

FM.

Venitia Williams has got three runners today.

4.00 Fair Question (14/1) She won this race last year with Idole first (33/1)

4.40 Mon Mome (14/1)

5.20 Spartacus Bay 33/1)

I'm hopeful she will get one of them placed.

Others I'll back are:

2.00 Le conte est bon (16/1)

2.35 Moscow flyer (5/1). Far to big a price. Likewise Back in Front (12/1)

3.15 Central House (8/1)

Good luck Mike and anyone else going to the races and having a punt.

;):)

Venitia Williams has got three runners today.

4.00 Fair Question (14/1) She won this race last year with Idole first (33/1)

4.40 Mon Mome (14/1)

5.20 Spartacus Bay 33/1)

I'm hopeful she will get one of them placed.

Others I'll back are:

2.00 Le conte est bon (16/1)

2.35 Moscow flyer (5/1). Far to big a price. Likewise Back in Front (12/1)

3.15 Central House (8/1)

Good luck Mike and anyone else going to the races and having a punt.

:thumbs:  :thumbs:

Fun fun fun.

Mon was second at 11/1

Been sweating but an anti post voucher in the second (star de moisan) saved the day.

Done a shed load today though. Still there is another day tomorrow.

Edited by Whitebridges

Is there a better bet than Sir Rembrant tomorrow? :wub:

No Best Mate no Kicking King he been 2nd & 3rd in the last two races still ony 10 y.o. The only danger is probaby his stable mate Kingscliffe of the rest perhaps Lord of Illusion Ew. ( the stables Idle talk and Bee & Bee both ran well this week )

We all know he jumps and stays and can carry the weight around Cheltenham, and I cant see anything that has improved in the last year from ordinary handicap company. Coming down the Hill on the second circuit there wont be many left in it.

I must say Im really suprised he is stil 33/1

All will be revealed tomorrow come 3.25.

I cant wait.

had a good day today. releaved some poor booky from Doncaster of £450 on My way De Solzen and another from York of £560 on Non So.

Shelled out a few quid on the last though but still weel ahead going into tomorrow.

Ive already backed Remmy at 50, 40 & 33 but if he is still that price tomorrow I shall probably back him again.

Going to bed now because I dont feel to well. Been drinking from 10 this morning and still pretty psd

Hic

FM.

Some poor booky did 600K on one of the Sundance Kids Horses. Poor Bu**er!

Gibby, your hunch was right, I hope you were on.

War of Attrition won the Gold cup like a class act.

Sir Rembrant ran his race.

The best best now is Ireland to thrash us at Twickenham! Good luck and have a great St Patricks Day you Irish lads.

Edited by Whitebridges

so com'on guys after all the pre race chit chat what results did you all have? :o or  :o

Definately a :lol: for me the best Cheltenham I can remember for some time. I didnt stay for the last today although its only a 30 minute journey for me the traffic is usually Horrendous.

Just got back.

Took £300 quid on Wednesday and came back with £342

£300 yesterday and came back with £987

£300 quid today and came back with £485

Less my expenses and badges thats a nett profit this year of £1286 :lol::wub:

Best is I found a 20 to 1 winner in the penultimate race.

Remmy ran well but never got in a blow from the bend, fair play to the Irish they make Cheltenham what it is.

Did pick up a tip for tomorrow from connections Trust Fund in the Midland National at Uttoxeter.

Trying to convince the wife now that I have to go to the Punchestown Festival next month. Perhaps some of me ill gotten gains needs to be directed towards some retail therapy for her B) :lol:

Cheers All

FM.

WELL DONE GIBBY ! ;)