40p per pigeon

eat the all, it cheaper than buying the sunday roast :good::good:

Had seared pigeon breasts last Sunday, best bit of meat I have had for a long time. Two minutes either side in a very hot pan, ten minutes in a warm oven a must to allow the meat to rest. I served it along with black pudding and slices of seared apple, colcannon mash and a plum sause. :good::good:

Blackpowder

I only get 25p a bird at the game dealers and 30p to a restaurant, they take rabbits at £1 each off the field and what takes the micky more is that i went for dinner at the restaurant i sell them too which is a posh one and i was offered the days special of duet of pigeon breast starter at £9.95 then main course was some kind of rabbit dish which was £15 i turned round to my wife and said whatever you do don`t have the rabbit or pigeon, she asked why not and i said to her infront of the waiter i shot them yesterday and i don`t want to buy them back at 15 times the price i was paid for them. I think it`s time i put my prices up as the general opinion of game dealers down this way is they aren`t getting enough pigeons in to cope with demand yet you try a price increase and they look at you in amazement.

Had seared pigeon breasts last Sunday, best bit of meat I have had for a long time. Two minutes either side in a very hot pan, ten minutes in a warm oven a must to allow the meat to rest. I served it along with black pudding and slices of seared apple, colcannon mash and a plum sause. :good::good:

Blackpowder

Crikey Blackpowder, I didn't realise what a cosmopolitan place Eyemouth is :lol:

You been getting a few on drillings?

Crikey Blackpowder, I didn't realise what a cosmopolitan place Eyemouth is :lol:

You been getting a few on drillings?

It is you know Dave :yes: . Myself finding it hard going as well as shooting badly the pigeon are scarce and unco-operative. Went out yesterday to have a spy and saw lots of pigeonn movement all around one farm. Just home for firearms officer visit but stood for 4 hours 8 shots and 3 pigeon.

Cheers Alan