Hi black powder

Its near Duns

About 3 miles towards Cranshaws

Burnhouses farm

Heres the link to there site

http://www.keziefoods.co.uk/contact

Doesnt say they take game but they do, deer,pheasants,pigeon etc

cheers

Aye thanks for that, I knew they were ostrich farmers and dealt in some exotic produce but did not realise they also dealt in game and pigeons. Cranshaws I know well, thrashed and beat through many a briar and blackthorn thicket when Bill Landale had the estate.

Regards Blackpowder

£25 for a hundred woodies seems pretty **** to me. They are worth far more than that to me as food.

I just think about the price of free-range organic meat of almost any description, and it makes every woodie, rabbit, hare or pheasant so much more appealing as food.

Duncan

It's all good supplying pubs with game, good luck to you.

Just remember that if you process the meat in any way and you don't have a gamedealers licience with a registered and inspected premises, chiller and refrigerated transport for delivery you are breaking the meat hygene laws.

You can only sell in the fur or feather and even then most local councils will require you to register as a primary food producer.

I've yet to find a food establishment who are happy to pluck/gut/butcher their own meat!

Laws are quite strict regarding this matter and it's changed days to yesteryear, if your getting away with it, good luck, pray you don't get caught.

Mark.

Just remember that if you process the meat in any way and you don't have a gamedealers licience with a registered and inspected premises, chiller and refrigerated transport for delivery you are breaking the meat hygene laws.

You can only sell in the fur or feather and even then most local councils will require you to register as a primary food producer.

I've yet to find a food establishment who are happy to pluck/gut/butcher their own meat!

Laws are quite strict regarding this matter and it's changed days to yesteryear, if your getting away with it, good luck, pray you don't get caught.

Mark.

Seems like sound advice :good: Still struggling to find any takers for it over here apart from the odd taxidermist :lol:

Mark.

youve raised some very good points here chap :good:

ive already thought of all that and found myself away round it.

all of the pigeons that are suplyed to any of the restraunts are in feather, included in the price i sell them for is me breasting on there premises. seems to be fine have had no end of inspections of the restraunts and that while ive been doing it and they were all fine about it.

hasnt the game dealing license been revoked or something back in 2007 to deal in game in the feather or fur ?

i dont mean to come across smarmy even tho it reads abit like that if you get me :rolleyes:

No that was the Game Licence.........licence needed to shoot game.

The Game Dealers Licence is still required to sell processed game to the public.

It looks like you are meeting most of the requirements with this deal, but if your local authority wanted to get fussy

they would require you to register as a primary food producer and store your shot birds in a chiller and use refridgerated transport

while delivering to the restraunts (even in the feather).

The only way round this would be to go straight from the field to the restraunt with the frestly shot birds and process them straight away and put them in their fridge!

The reason for this is bacteria grow very fast on warm birds (especially in the summer) and the cooling process is vital to stop this, the faster they are cooled the better.

Cheers,

Mark.

Edited by M ROBSON

£25 for a hundred woodies seems pretty **** to me. They are worth far more than that to me as food.

I just think about the price of free-range organic meat of almost any description, and it makes every woodie, rabbit, hare or pheasant so much more appealing as food.

Duncan

they are free range but not organic,

andrew

So where do we stand with the law if we shoot a few rabbits gut them and leave them in the skin and then freeze them and when we have say 20 or so take them to the butcher ? :hmm:

Your in dodgy ground there! Selling frozen rabbits to de-frost and prepare, then sell as fresh?? Unless the butcher is cooking the meat after processing it and selling it ready prepared.

It's yours and the butchers own risk.

Butchers have been jailed in the past for e-coli outbreaks for which they have been responsible for.

Mark.

i pay £1 a bird if any of you fancy bringing them to cambs :good: hahaha

i found supplying restraunts in the city the best.

they have anything from 400 to a 1000 off me a week :)

I`ve got one int back of my jeep from last saturday, will bring it tommorrow.... :good:

No that was the Game Licence.........licence needed to shoot game.

The Game Dealers Licence is still required to sell processed game to the public.

It looks like you are meeting most of the requirements with this deal, but if your local authority wanted to get fussy

they would require you to register as a primary food producer and store your shot birds in a chiller and use refridgerated transport

while delivering to the restraunts (even in the feather).

The only way round this would be to go straight from the field to the restraunt with the frestly shot birds and process them straight away and put them in their fridge!

The reason for this is bacteria grow very fast on warm birds (especially in the summer) and the cooling process is vital to stop this, the faster they are cooled the better.

Cheers,

Mark.

ohh i see i just had a quik search and that was what came back, all very unclear about the licences :hmm:

cool bag ? hahaha :good:

hopefully i wont have to as i only do it in the winter months and early spring, as im a farmer and barely have enough time to eat, sleep and have s*x during summer and autumn :oops: let alone breast pigeons

thanks for the advice ill have to look into primary foor source thing properly

cheers camshot