licence

go for it it may not be as bad as you think.

as a 13 year old i had fire arms offences (air weapon in public)it stopped me from joining the army at 16.

but here i am 25+ years later and i have fac and sgc a lot is how you conduct youself in later life that counts.

have you settled down started a famliy and become a responcable member of society or do you still go out have a few to many beers and want to take on the world.

Ian

i know of people done for alot more that are holding sgc and fac and one thats a paranoid schitzo got 243 ect that gets depo jags weekly thats just pulled blade on someone and recent assault case and still got his guns.if you get refused you can always appeal cost you £100 though at crown atb :good: everyone makes mistakes when young and stupid and nomally one when you have guns will lose them

sorry to dissapoint you dougal 6 month for common assault is what ive got or do you really think id try to put it down on the form ????why would i pay for my own police check ????....so you say people who make a mistake 25 years ago are never to be trusted....ive two sp30s should i be banned from driving ???as for common assault charges look it up....grabbing a persons arm without there approval is a offence if reported..the time spent for the common assault was served on remand not as a convicted prisoner...7 months for the record i served on remand ...ive managed to resist the urge to run around my local clay and farm shoots without killing or harming anyone...as i said i respect your opinion but i assure you i am not a violent thug and several several freinds who i clay with have...shall we say colourful pasts..

I hate to say this but its not looking good, or should I say, your not doing yourself any favours.

Good luck anyway........ :oops:

25 years is a long time, longer than I have been alive. You will be fine if you are 100% honest and don't seem like a nutter when the plod interview you.

Also one or two coppers I have met needed a slap, he probably deserved it. :oops:

:good:

pigeonstew - if you are genuine - forgive me. As regular as clockwork, some relative newcomer pops up on the Forum asking if they will be granted a shotgun certificate. Invariably it emerges that they have had a spot of bother - some recent - some not. Details of the "bit of bother" emerge slowly and a bit at a time. I tire of these - many seem to be anti-shooters trying to provoke a poor reaction.

You don't go to prison for hitting a Policeman or fighting in a pub. You go to prison for actual bodily harm, grievous bodily harm etc. It depends what you were convicted of. Prison sentences for first offence seem out of step - even years ago. Where there other factors? Did you admit your guilt or run a trial?

You almost casually dismiss hitting a Policeman as a "bit of bother",

when it clearly isn't. It's serious, especially when you want to be trusted with firearms later in life.

You take umbrage when people say something you object to - fair enough, but don't treat us like a bunch of simpletons. If you genuinely want a worthwhile opinion, tells us the full facts or don't ask.

i completely agree!

Do you think things like this make shooters look good, grow up!

Maybe your FEO is on here?

Edited for typo.

Take a chill pill dear. I've met people in all walks of life who really could do with a backhand. Don't tell me you have never thought "ohh what I'd do if I wasn't a civilized Homo sapien!"

And so what if my FEO is on here, I'm sure he's wanted to slap his boss, maybe even some of his useless subordinates. Stop pretending that as soon as you get and SGC/FAC you become some sort of moral god that never has a twitch of rage mere mortals succumbed to. All this holier than thou balls on this forum really winds me up sometimes, scratch that, all the time.

Give the fella a break, he made mistakes decades ago and I was trying to lighten up an otherwise dreary thread. If Gerry Adams and Mandela can be politicians now (both terrorists by the way) I'm sure this chap can have a 12 bore if he wants.

Just off to B&Q for a tub of miracle grow, doing my best but I'm still only 5' 11"

Take a chill pill dear. I've met people in all walks of life who really could do with a backhand. Don't tell me you have never thought "ohh what I'd do if I wasn't a civilized Homo sapien!"

And so what if my FEO is on here, I'm sure he's wanted to slap his boss, maybe even some of his useless subordinates. Stop pretending that as soon as you get and SGC/FAC you become some sort of moral god that never has a twitch of rage mere mortals succumbed to. All this holier than thou balls on this forum really winds me up sometimes, scratch that, all the time.

Give the fella a break, he made mistakes decades ago and I was trying to lighten up an otherwise dreary thread. If Gerry Adams and Mandela can be politicians now (both terrorists by the way) I'm sure this chap can have a 12 bore if he wants.

Just off to B&Q for a tub of miracle grow, doing my best but I'm still only 5' 11"

If you read my previous post I've said nothing ventured, nothing gained, and also defended the sentence as sentencing is very different now to 20+ years ago so I have nothing against him applying at all, quite the opposite in fact.

If I did have moments, I don't think I'd post it on a public forum and although I may not be a student I know that Gerry Adams and Nelson Mandela were labelled terrorists, but as they say "One mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter"

Oh Libs, a man after my own heart. I to am always amazed at how precious and precocious some become when they get their sgc/fac.

It never ceases to amaze me how I, living a normal life enjoying drinking, womanizing and occasionally threatening to slap some little scrote have managed to keep my fac for 48 years. Oh! and horror of horrors, sometimes I leave a rifle propped up by the Arga overnight to dry out............a fact which will cause the precious ones to have apoplexy.

:good: :good:

Well said. Holding a SGC or FAC only requires us to obey the law.

We don't have to like it, or be so far up ourselves we never even think outside of the law :o :o

only asked for some advice.. :unsure: ..didnt want to start a row..........well had a good afternoon zapping a few bunnies with my aa s410 but was frustating watching dozens of woodys flying by... :angry:

Its alright chap, everything ends in a row on here these days. Stock up on popcorn and lager and watch the banter unfold!