Essex Neebie

Hi Guys,

Recently come across from the Air gun fraternity after several gentle (but firm) shoves from my local RFD and a couple of new pals that shoot clay pigeon on a regular basis. Have to say my first couple of outings have been great fun. My first outing was with a local "Expert" who gave me the lowdown on what and what not to do etc, and then set me up with one of his guns for a session giving me all the necessary hints and tips you'd expect. I soon discovered its a completely different discipline than air gunning no aiming down the sights - or scope here, I've been told to look at the clay and my hand will follow my eye, I was very skeptical at first but the truth is in the results and I definitely hit more than i missed. By the way my wife came along too for the lesson and she did equally well so it looks like I've gained a new shooting partner, and much nicer to look at than my air gunning friend! My second trip out was with a local shoot in Essex and the people there made me feel very much at ease and they were a great crowd. We are both now proud possessors of Shot gun licenses and keen to spend our hard earned cash on a couple of shotguns, a 12g for me and a 20g for the wife.

Hi Guys,

Recently come across from the Air gun fraternity after several gentle (but firm) shoves from my local RFD and a couple of new pals that shoot clay pigeon on a regular basis. Have to say my first couple of outings have been great fun. My first outing was with a local "Expert" who gave me the lowdown on what and what not to do etc, and then set me up with one of his guns for a session giving me all the necessary hints and tips you'd expect. I soon discovered its a completely different discipline than air gunning no aiming down the sights - or scope here, I've been told to look at the clay and my hand will follow my eye, I was very skeptical at first but the truth is in the results and I definitely hit more than i missed. By the way my wife came along too for the lesson and she did equally well so it looks like I've gained a new shooting partner, and much nicer to look at than my air gunning friend! My second trip out was with a local shoot in Essex and the people there made me feel very much at ease and they were a great crowd. We are both now proud possessors of Shot gun licenses and keen to spend our hard earned cash on a couple of shotguns, a 12g for me and a 20g for the wife.

welcome aboard mate nice to see another essex boy :good:

Hi Guys,

Where was this ?

Sounds like a very similar experience to mine this weekend, I've been going along to spectate at a local clay shoot on a sunday morning and have had a few shots courtesy of the friendly bunch that I've been tagging along with.

This weekend however I did the full round of 80 using, also tried out a s/h 20g for my wife and son to use and both had a great time.

Got a feeling it's gonna get kinda addictive :good: