Trying to make a big decision ,reff shooting .

Harnser

Before you pack it in, take a young un under your wing and pass on a few skills to just one more for the next generation.

You never know there enthusiasm and passion may just re kindle the things you have took for granted for many years.

If not I'll have your permissions.

:)

This to me is the best answer given so far! :good::good::good:

In the mean time why not try joining a club so that you can still keep your eye in and use your guns in case you change your mind.

I think I know how you feel - At times I get more pleasure out of just sitting with one of my guns watching and learning from the wildlife that surrounds me rather than killing it! Shooting isn't always about just pulling the trigger and getting a clean kill, there is a much bigger picture in the circle of life!

hi harnser,

glad to hear your keeping your tickets, i agree with acid and frenchie you've got a vast amount of knowledge you could pass on. i would love to have a mentor with the kind of experience you will have gained, you could get just as much enjoyment out of passing on that knowledge as you once got from learning it. i wish i lived nearer!

atb gary

I can easily understand how you get to that point. It happened to me with target shooting. Things just became a chore, going through the motions. My solution came from an unexpected source. I joined the Muzzle Loaders, something I never would have considered years ago, and just bang about for fun. They have a good time and its all done just for fun really. Almost everybody is over 50.

I think there is an "old man" moment, like when you look at a pair of slippers and think "They look comfy" or you pick up a brochure for the Muzzle Loaders and think "I could enjoy that" when you realise the fire has gone out.

Good decision to keep your license! I get a bit fed up with various types of shooting throughout the season. I sometimes find pheasant shooting slightly repetitive after a while. If I do more wildfowling ect I look forward to the odd pheasant shoot a lot more!

Personally I would bite your hand off to learn a fraction of your stalking knowledge! There would be a lot of people who would greatly appreciate a guide into the sport. There are a lot of things that you can't learn from a book which you can only start to appreciate once you are out and putting methods into practise. The more people introduced into shooting, the safer our 'sport' becomes :good: