does your rifle cabinet have to be bolted to the floor as well as the

zipdog

yes it fix very securely to the wall, not much is getting it off and is positioned well out of site, just making sure it doesnt need to be bolted to the floor as well. many thanks :good: still would welcome info on the speed of lincs firearms department though.

many thanks :good:

My FLO popped round to check mine the other day after putting in for the .243, he was virtually hanging off the thing with a foot on the wall testing the wall bolts, I knew it was strong but the thought of the FLO being crushed by my cabinet falling on him might not have helped my application. :no:

No bolts on the floor so down to you, I would say use your judgement as sometime when a newer built house has the strange light weight breeze blocks (grey and very soft) i might be tempted to bolt to the floor as well.

As above does your rifle cabinet have to be bolted to the floor as well as the wall and also does anyone have any experience with lincs police and FAC application, such as time taken etc.

many thanks :good:

No and Yes. I only got my SGC in Lincolnshire just over 16 months ago and when it came to fixing the cabinet, I used oversized rawbolts set deep into a 50+ year-old brick wall, with no bolts through the base,which was stood on carpet. When the FLO visited, I explained this and after he had spent a couple of minutes tugging and pushing at the cabinet (Which didn't even start to move!) he said that was fine.

I found Lincs police to be fine people, they didn't mind me ringing to check on progress (Obviously be polite!), but it took about 3 months. Having said that, I had complex medical issues to be considered and a fair bit of that was waiting for medical reports, so reasonably about 6 week is my guess for turnover.

My flo came out when i first put mine up and i had it sat on the skirting board bolted to the wall and he advised me should i move in the near future to not do that again as someone could easily jack it up and pop it off of the wall. having said that he didnt make me take it down or anything so i guess he was happy with it there for the time being. i have now moved house and have cut the skirting board out and its sat on the floor in my bedroom not fixed it to the floor thow. its up to you how far you want to go. (why not have a few ninja warriors come round while your at work to keep and eye on it lol)