Raffle for the PW Charity Shoot

Teal

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Raffle prize of a slab,250 Eley Pigeon HB 32g fibre wadded shot size 61/2 has been very kindly donated by John Beswick of Station Garage & Rainhill Cartridge Supplies, Rainhill, Merseyside.

Mr Potter

Fantastic work Mr Potter, saw the donation on the Just Giving page from the sale of your DVDs - brilliant!

Pop me down for a bottle of Johnnie Walker Red Label :)

You might need to buy a few raffle ticket books Teal...

I have got 2 books of 1,000 tickets each, but I might get a third just in case! Same format as last year, tickets will be £1 a shot, and sold in strips of 5 on the day!

Some great prizes already listed and I've just heard from UK Shootwarehouse - that they are going to send along some bits for the shoot too :good:

For next years Charity Shoot and raffle, could we organise an on line raffle, perhaps paying into Paypal. This would give the opportunity for those unable to attend to purchase tickets and increase the funds.

The raffle could be open from January to May 1st, or whenever the shoot is held.

I am sure that petethegeek and other PW computer experts could put something together to make this work.

Just a suggestion, I hope it helps

For next years Charity Shoot and raffle, could we organise an on line raffle, perhaps paying into Paypal. This would give the opportunity for those unable to attend to purchase tickets and increase the funds.

The raffle could be open from January to May 1st, or whenever the shoot is held.

I am sure that petethegeek and other PW computer experts could put something together to make this work.

Just a suggestion, I hope it helps

good idea mate i wish we had done that, is it too late for this sat??? :ermm:

Good idea BB, Petethegeek does nothing all day anyway. :lol:

What about a virtual reality shoot too ? That way I could shoot it from my living room and not have to drink so much the night before ? :good::lol: :lol:

It is a good idea bakerboy, however there were some reasons why we didn't go down that route. On Saturday in the raffle, with a winning ticket you will get to choose the item that they want from the ones available.

If the ticket owner wasn't at the event it would be difficult to guess which prize they wanted unless everyone provided a list of desired items, and also for a lot of items won it would mean that someone would have to take them home, package them up and post them off at considerable time and expense.

The best bet if someone who is not able to attend the day wants to buy some raffle tickets is they should message a member who is going, ideally from their part of the world, and see if they would be prepared to get them a few on the day. I know that is what a couple of people are doing. There really are some first rate prizes on offer, so hopefully plenty of tickets will be purchased at the ground :good:

I am sure there are ways around it this. We have a few moths to think about this and other options and ideas.

Does PW have a moth licence and moth liability cover though ? :oops::huh::P