Importing Bullets from the States

No, you need an export permit for primers, powders and ammunition. Cases, bullets, reloading gear are all fine. Some US dealers are anal about it, Cabelas wouldn't process an order for cases or bullets as my credit card is registered in the UK even though the delivery address was in the US. I got round it by buying a pre-paid US$ Mastercard (FairFX) and get a better rate and they ship no problem with it :)

Alex... what's the website address for Cliff's... may as well order my SMKs from there rather than get my eyes taken out over here!

Cheers

Paul

Whats this... Wow Vipa looking at buying abroad :lol::lol: BUT you was quick enought a little while ago to slate a good friend of mine for buying from America and not keeping the money in this country.. Hippocrite springs to mind!!!!

And a quote from one of your previous replys >>

Have you stopped to think that by taking business from uk retailers and importing yourself, you are contributing to the problem of inflated prices as the retailers have to increase thier margins to survive...

Edited by bigstevouk

Whats this... Wow Vipa looking at buying abroad :lol::lol: BUT you was quick enought a little while ago to slate a good friend of mine for buying from America and not keeping the money in this country.. Hippocrite springs to mind!!!!

And a quote from one of your previous replys >>

Ermmm... learn to spell before you try to criticise me! it's 'hypocrite.' What you wrote is, I can only assume, a discription of some sort of river dwelling, horse like herbivore that some how lost it's potomus! :rolleyes:

I have bought loads of stuff from the states, don't have a problem with it at all. I do feel there is mileage in supporting your local gunsmith though, as when they've gone out of business no one is going to spring up to replace them! And... if I remember correctly, the sentence you have quoted me on was in response to moans that everything was over priced in the UK.... What I said is still valid, was not my criticism of your special friend and was merely an observation!

What I do have a problem with and what was my criticism, (I can only assume this is what you refer to but your memory of the thread has let you down...) is the deliberate attempt to circumnavigate HMRC and avoid any taxes due on the import. that is theft in all but name. If you read my post again you will see that I mentioned I would need to factor that in if I ordered!

Edited by Vipa

Well i dont claim to be the best speller it the world! You try and put as much spin on it as you like as you obviously forgot what you flame people for in your old posts...... :lol:

No spin at all mate, here's a link to to thread

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/150492-got-caught-again/

My flame was about deliberate attempts at tax evasion and the fact he then started implying that buying stolen goods was somehow 'normal'

If you have a look on the last page, you will see a post from me which, to anyone reading, suggests that I have and do import gear from abroad. What I don't do is then try to avoid paying the duty when it arrives.

Sorry... I think you need read things carefully and make sure you fully understand them before having a pop at someone on here otherwise you just end up looking silly!

Edited by Vipa

Thanks for the heads up Al4x. I'll be putting an order in soon!

I support my local shop. The trouble is he's not that local and it costs me over a tenner to drive there. For costly items I will buy from him even if it costs a few quid more but for something he's making less of a markup on than my fuel costs there's little point unless I'm passing (and that doesn't happen ever because of where he is).

I wouldn't put too much thought into the markup on Bullets I am fairly sure my local one will be running close to 100% on them, the only issue is for normal delivery there is a 4lbs limit which is fine with .243 or smaller but may throw it out on larger bullets. Though is worth checking the cost of extra postage