Olympiics 2012

garjo

Not sure about this and do not read Clay Pigeon shooting mags - is it worth getting tickets for Olympics? - what shooting events will they have? Not seen any publicity about this and wondering whether it would be worthwhile to go along? Feedback appreciated thanks.

If youre applying you need to be quick. I think the deadline is either this week or next? We've put in for some at work, just because you apply doesn't mean you get tickets.

Shooting is quiet low cost, think it's £30/ticket. That's low compared to football, athletics etc!

Loads of info on the website, just Google it, but you have to "pre-register" first, seems daft to me...??

These Olympics are a total disaster for Clay shooting in the UK, not one penny spent on constructing the venue is left as a legacy for us shooters, unlike other sports we get absolutely nothing out of it.

Very sad. :yes:

Cat.

Cat - what venues are they using? So nothing will be left after 2012?

Loads of info on the website, just Google it, but you have to "pre-register" first, seems daft to me...??

These Olympics are a total disaster for Clay shooting in the UK, not one penny spent on constructing the venue is left as a legacy for us shooters, unlike other sports we get absolutely nothing out of it.

Very sad. :yes:

Cat.

Cat - agree about doing little for us. Sebastien Coe has a lot to answer for. Hypocrite.

Yes, my thoughts entirely, but I didn't want to upset the 99.9% of die hard Tories on this forum who think the sun shines out of his rear end. :angry:

I well remember a radio interview he gave with the BBC Radio 4 some while back, he claimed that the Woolwich venue was chosen after "extensive consultation with all of the UK shooting bodies", what a load of you know what, Dartford would have been a much better choice. :yes:

Cat.

Ok - so they dont have sporting (which to me is a crying shame) how can it be justified to have skeet and trap in venue which would leave no 'legacy'?

Yes, my thoughts entirely, but I didn't want to upset the 99.9% of die hard Tories on this forum who think the sun shines out of his rear end. :angry:

I well remember a radio interview he gave with the BBC Radio 4 some while back, he claimed that the Woolwich venue was chosen after "extensive consultation with all of the UK shooting bodies", what a load of you know what, Dartford would have been a much better choice. :yes:

Cat.

Ok - so they dont have sporting (which to me is a crying shame) how can it be justified to have skeet and trap in venue which would leave no 'legacy'?

Yes, that's the $10million dollar question, only "Lord" Coe can answer that one..???

The cyclists have a lovely new Velodrome, the Swimmers some great new pools, we get Didly Squat, how fair is that..??

Cat.

Yes, that's the $10million dollar question, only "Lord" Coe can answer that one..???

I heard it was alot more than that to build the facilities on an MOD site (shame Bisley couldn't get it as its already in need of sprucing up!) and then bull doze a few months later...

Cat - agree about doing little for us. Sebastien Coe has a lot to answer for. Hypocrite.

Sebastian Coe was the President of the National Pistol Association at the time of the Dunblane shootings, he jumped ship very quickly in the aftermath, I would not trust him him as far as I could throw him. :angry:

I heard it was alot more than that to build the facilities on an MOD site (shame Bisley couldn't get it as its already in need of sprucing up!) and then bull doze a few months later...

Yes, it's cost a small fortune. I have some contacts on the inside who know the true costs of this fiasco, it's a scandal, I kid you not. :yes:

Cat.

Whilst we're having a whinge, I heard the other day that LOCOG and the BOA have been bickering about how to divvy up the 'surplus' after the games.

These games were supposed to cost £2 billion. Due to apalling mismanagement and financial incompetence it now looks as though they will cost closer to 9.3 billion, so we are already over £7billion in the red. Surely any surplus should go back to the poor bloody taxpayer?

Whilst we're having a whinge, I heard the other day that LOCOG and the BOA have been bickering about how to divvy up the 'surplus' after the games.

These games were supposed to cost £2 billion. Due to apalling mismanagement and financial incompetence it now looks as though they will cost closer to 9.3 billion, so we are already over £7billion in the red. Surely any surplus should go back to the poor bloody taxpayer?

Hmm........more chance of seeing a flock of pigs airborne over Drayton Parslow..??

Cat.