whats your opinion

king ratcatcher

I had the MK1 and NEVER had a picking of bother with it :thumbs:

Accurate powerful enough a tad on the heavy side but i found it was a good tool for the job.

Lifetime warranty so effectivley a gun for life :lol:

Never had a MK2 so can't really comment on it as i can with the MK1 but if they ironed a lot of the so called trouble out then if one came up cheap enough i would most likely buy one :)

LG

Edited by Lord Geordie

I've had an S16s (mk2) for some time and I really can't fault it. It's a bit heavy but it's deadly accurate and very quiet. As Lord Geordie said you have to be very careful with the bolt and you have to make sure the main cylinder seal is completely clean and greased before fitting the cylinder. As for a bipod, I fitted one but as it fits on the forward stock bolt (sling fitting) it moves the plastic stock. This doesn't affect accuracy but if you've got a laser fitted it does move your dot and you lose your rangefinding aid :D

P03

I never had any problem at all. I had a logun bi-pod and laser on mine and no probs. PO3 perhaps you should look at the stock mounting as you seem to have a unique problem there mate. Apart from a little greasing of o rings its pretty maintenance free. The bolt, theres no indexing but as long as you get into a routine of loading immediately after firing you know where you are. Definitely built for the bigger person though.

i think a lot depends on the price of the rifle, if its cheap then yep no problem go for it, but if its 300+ for a bare rifle my money would be going on a second hand S410.

ROB :D

Fair point.

Because of the unwarranted bad press picking up a cheap S16 is no problem at all though.