Ground Rotary Decoy Machine

Live bird tied to top ,string tied to lever and pull as quarry flys by.

Dead bird on top. The use of live bird decoys is both inhumane and highly illegal. (In this country, this is not to say it wasn't designed and shipped from somewhere else)

Edited by Bleeh

Dead bird on top. The use of live bird decoys is both inhumane and highly illegal. (In this country, this is not to say it wasn't designed and shipped from somewhere else)

Knowing tignme I am sure he meant a "dead" live bird rather than a "live" live bird. He is very experienced :yes: , or maybe he meant a

"live" plastic one :lol::lol::lol:

It's a live bird on top, very common in Spain, you can see clips on youtube of them doing it. Pull lever bird falls off perch, flies up and then relands on perch. From the videos it attracted the pigeons, but that is hardly surprising. Illegal in the UK to use a live decoy.

Guest liaddardscorner

I agree with the legal side of this for the UK but what I dont get is its OK to keep crows for larsen trap so long as the birds are fed watered etc.

Why this can not be used for pigeons so long as the same conditions are maintained for the pigeon.

Also I think the word inhumane is very strong I dont really call sitting in hedge trying to poke 30 grams of lead into a pigeon 100% humane as sometimes we miss causing injury rather than a kill we dont intend to wound but we do humane :hmm:

Just my thoughts Andrew

I agree with the legal side of this for the UK but what I dont get is its OK to keep crows for larsen trap so long as the birds are fed watered etc.

Why this can not be used for pigeons so long as the same conditions are maintained for the pigeon.

You will be tipping a bird off it`s perch to attract another and then shoot over it`s head........... humane ???