Wildfowling and rough shooting in S.E. Hampshire.

The Langstone and District Wildfowlers and Conservation Association has a limited number of vacancies available for the coming season.

Take a look at our website at www.LADWACA.com for more information.

The web site needs a bit of an update and does not mention the 2 x 125 acre woodland areas available for roughshooting all year round.

Membership fee is £160 which includes full BASC membership.

Complete training package available for novices to `fowling.

Your first year is probationary and you will be accompanied at all times.

Facility exists for accelerated entry for experienced `fowlers.

The Association is now in it`s 55th year and is regarded as one of the leading `fowling clubs in Great Britain.

I'm a member and one of the best things I did, I was without permission or shooting rights. Once I joined I had lots of opportunities and learned lots in that year, made loads of mates as well. There are plenty of knowledgeable people that are more than happy to give up the info.

Luckily i live a stones throw away from the marsh which is nice. Its well worth a punt for £160 which as said includes your Basc membership all the fowling and also the 2 woodland sites, I would recommend to all without a shadow if a doubt :good:

Edited by mpk

Hi,

It sounds very interesting. Are you required to have a dog in your first year

Andy

In your first year you will be a probationary member so you will be with someone with a dog. You do need a dog to shoot on the marshes when you are a full member on your own, but don't worry there is plenty of people with dogs and more coming through the ranks :good:

Edited by mpk

How about if you would never own a dog? Would it be possible later to shoot with a dog owner?

As Chrispti said yes, my dog may be a little to young for this season so I may be doing the same for the next one and going out with someone who owns a dog. :good:

Edited by mpk

I to am a member but didnt get out at all last season due to my own fault, but will be rejoining this year, a great bunch of very helpfull people down there(Called you this morning Mudpattern but guess you were working, not able to attend tonight , will try to get hold of you later today)

Edited by docholiday

just a quickie to say well done to those that passed the test tonight (god i was nervous)

to those that are thinking about joining this year you will not find a more helpful and informative club anywhere, the committee are "true gents" full of knowledge and most welcoming, I joined last year have made numerous friends and learnt so much, considering the amount of year round shooting on offer the fee of a £160 represents seriously good value.

any queries im sure mudpattern will be more than happy to answer

Just so you are aware gents, with four potential new members who have previously paid a deposit, two past members re joining and two additional enquiries in the pipeline we are close to the required number of ten new members.

If you live in the area and already have enough shooting ground then we won`t be of any interest to you.

If, on the other hand, you live in the area and do not have enough shooting to keep you fully occupied throughout the year, what have you got to lose from giving it a go?

Wildfowling is probably the last bastion of real adventure with a gun in the UK.

Don`t be like those who, having joined the club late in life ruefully admit "Wildfolwing. Fantastic sport. I only wish I`d taken it up years ago."

Edited by mudpatten

Reply sent.

To put the thing into some sort of perspective,take a drive up to Fort Purbrook and park near the main entrance. Face south and look out over the harbour.

We have shooting or some other form of control over pretty much everything you can see which is tidal with the exception of a narrow strip down one side.

Thats only the fowling area and does not include the woodland shooting.

• 1 month later...

It is a lot of land, well worth having a look :good:

Absolutely gutted that i've missed this. I have been in Germany overseeing a design project for the company and their new Cezar plant expansion, hardly had a chance to breathe since January and tonight was my first chance to get a look on PW for quite some time. I usually have to travel relatively far afield to shoot (most of my permission is in and/or around the Essex area etc as this is where i was based while in the Army, Colchester to be precise). The opportunity to network closer to home and potentially gain new permission along the way would have been most welcome.

I'll have my eyes well and truly peeled for the next opportunity here.

But, all the same, massive congratulations to all those who have gone for it and been succesful and most of all, enjoy it, this is what our sport is all about.

Big Ron.

Edited by mortimer657

• 3 weeks later...

Gents,

Langstone WA has now filled it`s quota for new members for the coming season.

If you have missed out on membership for this season and have not spoken to me to discuss alternative arrangements before today`s date then I should like to commend you to consider joining our sister club, the Chichester Harbour Wildfowlers Association (Now SWAWMA.)

Please see the thread to that effect.