Mail Ordering of Air Rifles on-line

the lizard

1.Have you ever bought an Air Rifle on-line ? 2. If yes, were you satified with sales & service, etc.  

37 members have voted

1. 1. 1.Have you ever bought an Air Rifle on-line ? 2. If yes, were you satified with sales & service, etc.

• 1 Yes
    • 1 No
    • 2 Yes
    • 2 No

Hi

BSA Supersport .177 from UTTINGS.COM

Never again staff miss informed

If u have problems they just refer to manufacturer for u to sort out

even when air rifle less then 14 days only.

Maybe this is why u get a good deal?

But Mail order prices are good;

UTTINGS Selling HW97K £254.95 + DEL

AVALON GUNS STREET (on internet site) HW97K .22 £350 + del

Both HULL CARTRIDGE

WOW £95 diff

why?

sTEVE'O, could it be somthing to do with the quantity ordered from Hull Cartridge?

I very much doubt it, its more like they dont mind not making the right mark up as its Mail Order and any come back can be avoided by passing it on to the manufacturer. :rolleyes:

The answer is both to yes questions. Whoops, knew I shouldn't have had that last whisky chaser! :rolleyes:

Bought my Lightning XL combo and accessories from Ramsbottoms.

I was working on a budget and my local shop could not beat his prices.

As for service, he sent me the wrong scope mounts. One phone call and one postage delivery later, all was sweet! :o

Would certainly use them again, but that depends upon the new laws!

Karl

I now work in a local village shop that amongst other things does sell airguns. As such I am now fully aware of the impact mail order price wars will have on businesses like ours. It will close down your local shops, simple.

Smaller shops that can't afford to carry large quantities of rifles, and maybe like us have to special order things in HAVE to charge a higher markup simply to get by, we sell fewer guns per/timescale than the bigger mail order boys but christ do we have a solid trade for pellets!

What ****** me off the most though is the ***** that come into the shop for my advice, take an hour of my time trying and feeling the various rifles we stock knowing FULL WELL they are not going to buy from me as they are just weighing up, and making their decision of which gun to buy before placing their business online cos it's £50 cheaper (or whatever the difference).

That's what will close down the smaller shops.

I now work in a local village shop that amongst other things does sell airguns.  As such I am now fully aware of the impact mail order price wars will have on businesses like ours.  It will close down your local shops, simple.

Smaller shops that can't afford to carry large quantities of rifles, and maybe like us have to special order things in HAVE to charge a higher markup simply to get by, we sell fewer guns per/timescale than the bigger mail order boys but christ do we have a solid trade for pellets!

What ****** me off the most though is the ***** that come into the shop for my advice, take an hour of my time trying and feeling the various rifles we stock knowing FULL WELL they are not going to buy from me as they are just weighing up, and making their decision of which gun to buy before placing their business online cos it's £50 cheaper (or whatever the difference).

That's what will close down the smaller shops.

Hi Marc,

I put this poll up because I agree with what you say and I also believe in trying to support small local businesses.

I feel sorry for those "*****" you mention, as I think they're doing it completely the wrong way around.

I go online to "window" shop at the internet sites. I look up the specs and pictures and prices of rifles, then I go to my local gun shop (a small one-man rural business) and tell him I can get this or that rifle online for these prices. I then ask him if he can match or beat those prices. Usually, he comes pretty close. If the rifle is not in stock, he can order it for next day delivery.

I end up paying a little more than I would by buying on-line, but the after-sales and service I get is second to none. Plus I get free advice and tips on which local farms to ask for Permission. My local gun shop also sells second-hand rifles, so I can get part-exchange for my old rifle as well.

I realise that some people do not have a local gun shop, and therefore they have to buy online. But if I have the choice, I'd always try to buy from a local business if I can. And, like Snakebite says above, I prefer the "Touchy-Feely" approach as well.

the Lizard

...Plus I get free advice and tips on which local farms to ask for Permission...

Sorry to go off topic but this is an absolutely priceless service in my opinion! I would love to build up a network of farmers that are willing to be contacted by suitable (perhaps even semi vetted whilst in the shop) airgunners/shooters who buy from our shop.

What a great idea.

Have bought on-line in the past but never again.I buy from the local gun shop now,can't beat the aftersales service. At present they have a gun of mine in for work under warranty,they send it back and deal with everything. I'd rather spend an extra £50 and have piece of mind.Just my opinion mind.

I`m with marc on this as I get generous discount at my local shop and all the gossip.My 1st permission with a shotgun came from there......I now have 1000+ acres to shoot over :)

You know it makes sense......get the price on line and get it close to from local and NO HASSLE :oops: