Fourtrak

ajm1979

or rusting :oops:

Its the only issue if they didn't rust they would be a corking motor, only problem is now they are getting on economy and comfort lets them down. For a lamping vehicle that can stay off road when the tin worm stops it being MOTable they do keep going

Mine has had absolutely NO welding and will not need any welding.

It had a coat of wax-oil on it from new and I have since taken everthing back to bare metal and painted everything with red-ocide and then trailer paint. Then a coat of wax-oil over the paint.

And compeared to a defender the rust is no problem. Chassis in fourtraks are 100%!

I've got a fourtrak with a roof mounted light force, works a treat, great motor, I've put higher and more spongey seats in mine so comfort is pretty good, mines a lot older on an f plate, but it's NATO green with a camo job and been lifted with big mud tyres on, awesome motor, would defo get another one!

Ive never found the seats a problem in mine apart from they are a bit low for shooting off the wing mirror

The TDX came with a velour seat rather than the cloth in the TDL. The TDL seats were harder wearing but not quite as comfortable.

D Turbo seats are recognised as one of the best ever put in a factory car- and I happened to have a set so I fitted them... I'll maybe throw up a couple of pics tonight- although they aren't that clean with the dog jumping in and out with dirty feet all the time <_<

PS. You sit an inch or 2 higher in the D-Turbos and the TDL has a different wing mirror than the TDX- very easy to change... The TDL mirrors are better for shooting off...

Edited by Glensman