cat problem

harrybarry

Evening all

I have a problem with a stray tom cat. Hang on before we go any further please can we not go down the road of blow it to bits it not big or clever.

It turned up about a month ago hangs around the estate cryng for food,sneaks in to the garden batters my wifes cat, it has become a problem.

Is anyone local to Runcorn/Frodsham with a cage trap so i can catch it and take it to the cats protection league in Warrington. Dont want to harm the thing just get rid of it, me shed stinks of tom cat ****.

Any help chaps cheers.

Old boys around my area are using 2 litre clear juice bottles half filled with water and laying on their sides around their gardens - seems to do the trick.

The cat protection league will likely set and catch the Tom for you - might charge for it though - bset to check first.

Have you checked to see if it belongs anyone local?

Pushkin :-)

Hello mate i have one and i am not to far away if you collect and return it you can borrow it but cat rescue society should come and set one and collect it for you

Mark :good:

Nice one, i will ring the cats protection in the morning, and see what they say if they are no help i will get back to you. thanks for that i knew the chaps on here would be helpful.

THANKS AGAIN :good:

Old boys around my area are using 2 litre clear juice bottles half filled with water and laying on their sides around their gardens - seems to do the trick.

The cat protection league will likely set and catch the Tom for you - might charge for it though - bset to check first.

Have you checked to see if it belongs anyone local?

Pushkin :-)

Yes its defo a stray, all the neighbours are on about him.

If it's easier to get hold of, a fox trap should do the job, thats how we caught the beast that was nicking our chickens years ago, about 1 every 3 days. We couldn't work it out 'cos there was none of the mayhem you get with a fox but they were definitely going regularly so we set the trap. Never seen such a huge cat, absolutely magnificent looking thing, a bit like a cross between a scottish wildcat and a lynx, but with normal cat like ears. None of the rescue places wanted to know and because he was so stunning and clearly only hunting to survive we took him to the middle of a very large wood and let him go. Terrifying journey, I was convinced he was going to chew his way through the cage and eat me. Got some photos somewhere, will post them if I can find them.

If it's easier to get hold of, a fox trap should do the job, thats how we caught the beast that was nicking our chickens years ago, about 1 every 3 days. We couldn't work it out 'cos there was none of the mayhem you get with a fox but they were definitely going regularly so we set the trap. Never seen such a huge cat, absolutely magnificent looking thing, a bit like a cross between a scottish wildcat and a lynx, but with normal cat like ears. None of the rescue places wanted to know and because he was so stunning and clearly only hunting to survive we took him to the middle of a very large wood and let him go. Terrifying journey, I was convinced he was going to chew his way through the cage and eat me. Got some photos somewhere, will post them if I can find them.

Id definitely like to see some pics!

You will probably find that he has found his way back in a few days so be very careful when you venture out again he will probably be quite peed off with you for making him walk all that way home. :blink:

nice so you let him go in someone elses wood, thats the wrong side of legal. We have the odd very large stray cat turn up on our shoot, had two in the last 4 years that just seem to move in when there are pheasants about. Surprisingly big when you pick them up.

To the OP yes vets or cats protection or RSPCA will all usually offer advice and help. With it being a tom cat depending on wildness they usually neuter and rehome or PTS if its really wild.

yes but you seem to have a fetish about cats bottoms though ;)

I have a far better eco answer she is called Abi, they seem to be bred specially with cats in mind as I'm yet to find one that doesn't dislike them rather a lot

DSC00013.jpg

yes but you seem to have a fetish about cats bottoms though ;)

I have a far better eco answer she is called Abi, they seem to be bred specially with cats in mind as I'm yet to find one that doesn't dislike them rather a lot

DSC00013.jpg

Erm... No to the fetish thanks! It's just that they bite you when you try to rub in on thier tongue :lol:

The dog idea is bad news....a one eyed pooch coming up!

Thanks again all for your help with this matter,

Rang the cats protection they said : yes you can come and lend a trap free of charge,(all going well so far) but when you catch old tom you will not be able to bring it here we are full and will be for the fore seeable . You will need to take it to your vet,get its jaffas whizzed off, at my cost and then let it go back in the same area that it was caught. Are they mad :angry:

Edited by harrybarry