All round rifle for rabbits?

Kidney505

my advice is to get a .17hmr although are loud they are brillent for killing, i use mine for killing foxes and i have never got a fox that take two shots to kill with this gun. i know the ammuinition is a little more expencsive but it doesnt ricochet and will definetly get those longer range shots with deadly accuracy. I use a sako quad which is whatr you should get is you want to use 22lr or 17hmr as the interchangable barrels qall over a brillent gun with no problems and have had it 1 year 7 months

i bought a secound american cz 22lr black synthetic sp heavey barrel for dedicated urban fox control but by christ is she acurate both at 5 yrds out to 100 yrds with out re zeroing her useing a bushnell scope . i use it for rabbit control aswell with great results .the hmr is a CRACKING round but preferd the 22lr nice and quite with its parkerhale mod :good:

If you a experienced with an air rifle you will be used to holdunder/over at varying ranges so the 22LR will have no suprises for you.

The .22 is cheap to run as many have said and the choice also depends on the type of ground you are shooting.

My best buy and number 1 piece of advice is to invest in a budget range finder. My range estimation is poor and I have found that this has greatly improved my success rate.

cheers

and its a great point and squirt gun if you hit a rabbit in the guts or up the **** (come on it happens) with the 17 its aint going no where the .22 thou and they often crawl off!

Anyone who suffers this with the .22, should either try shooting with both hands :yes: or try the CCI segmenting holopoints, they certainly give nothing away to the 17 in terms of stopping ability they are awesome :good: