kent shoot

bunny bashing

A few months ago we had a meet of a dozen south east members at the martin gorse clay club, between deal and dover.

It would be good to see if we can do another. Im sure if we got a large group together martin gorse would put on something special for us, last time they gave us a discount on the round, and shells. I'm game to try organize something for next month?

Hello all,

I'm a proper newbie from West Malling area, would be intersted in a meet up to shoot/get advice?

Have had a go at a few local clay shoots, after getting the bug on a Red Letter Day my missus got me.

Have bought a Lanber U/O and am eager to learn how to use it!

Cheers.

Hello all,

I'm a proper newbie from West Malling area, would be intersted in a meet up to shoot/get advice?

Have had a go at a few local clay shoots, after getting the bug on a Red Letter Day my missus got me.

Have bought a Lanber U/O and am eager to learn how to use it!

Cheers.

Hi Akita Boy

there are a few of us in Kent, and we have met up on a few occasions.... so keep scanning the forum for the next one, not sure when it is planned.

i have been shooting for 2.5 years now, and remember what it was like when I 1st started.... especially as when I started I knew no-one who shot.

if you fancy a trip to west kent ss... give me a shout. They are obviously only open mon-fri.

I haven't been able to shoot much so far this year due to being so busy, but need to change that!

Jonny

Hello Jonny,

I've visited West Kent a few times and would def be interested in a meet up at some point.

I'll keep my eyes out for the next time you all get together and will try to tag along, as long as no-one minds a total novice!

Cheers.

Ian

A few guys recently met at Challock for a round of clays, was it good there? Should we get another large meet together at that club?

There are some comments about Challock here.

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/168232-folkestone-district-sporting-gun-club-clay-shoot/page__st__15

I would suspect that a Sunday morning at Martin Gorse Wood or Challock would get a fair bit of interest.

Someone has to pick a date and post the details on here and see who puts their name down.

• 2 weeks later...

The best two local shoots are robin hood top of bluebell hill and abbey shoot at detling shot ground, I personally go for abbey as its well run , friendly and they have compact sporting and full 100 bird shoots... plus they do an awesome bacon sarnie!

http://www.abbeyshooting.co.uk/fixtures.htm next shoot at detling 31st July

The best two local shoots are robin hood top of bluebell hill and abbey shoot at detling shot ground, I personally go for abbey as its well run , friendly and they have compact sporting and full 100 bird shoots... plus they do an awesome bacon sarnie!

http://www.abbeyshooting.co.uk/fixtures.htm next shoot at detling 31st July

I agree Abbey is a fair bet but if you want a nice chalet clubhouse with alcohol :) afterwards, then it`s got to be Greenfields of Canterbury. I`m there every Sunday and presently doing 100 birds for £16.00 non members (£14.00 members) on Thursdays till end of August. No prizes for guessing where I am tomorrow.

Martin Gorse is felt wad only by the way.

I prefer not to go to greenfields if I can help it, as they are very snobby and unhelpful in the shop. happy to try this abbey ground or the challock ground though.

Lucky they set their stands up outside :rolleyes::lol: . I read these type of comments every now and then but I have never seen them act snobby towards anyone myself.