pigeon shooting with a 20 bore

I've used mine for pigeons, pheasant and partridge. I'm struggling to remember what weight cartridges i used because i was given them, they were definatley 6's, and i think they were 28 gram but i'd have to check whats left at home.

AB

hi, do the 28gram 6 shot 20 bore hit hard and are they clean kills and at what range. :hmm:

IMO they hit as hard and clean as a 12b does,i've shot pigeons over rape at 40 yards,(not something i do a lot of.)

Alan :)

if a 28gram 20 bore cartridge 6 shot kills pigeon cleanly at 40 yards why do people use 32 gram 12 bore when there is no need to, why dont they use 28gram 12 bore 6 shot.they must be cheaper too than 32gram. :hmm:

Edited by BLACK-GUN

I use 1/4 and 1/2 choke in a 20 gauge gun. As for your question about why use 32g 12, well for one thing you are throwing more lead in the air, so you really do stand a better chance of hitting the bird. Also, 20 gauge carts cost a fair bit more than 12. A 12 gauge gun will give you the scope to use heavy loads of bigger shot for other quarry, such as foxes or wildfowl etc.

However, if you become a good shot with the 20 and you like it then stick with it.

I use 1/4 and 1/2 choke in a 20 gauge gun. As for your question about why use 32g 12, well for one thing you are throwing more lead in the air, so you really do stand a better chance of hitting the bird. Also, 20 gauge carts cost a fair bit more than 12. A 12 gauge gun will give you the scope to use heavy loads of bigger shot for other quarry, such as foxes or wildfowl etc.

However, if you become a good shot with the 20 and you like it then stick with it.

so the people who use 32gram instead of 28gram must be bad shots then. :lol::lol::lol: