Going to the vets

Boromir

Yesterday evening my dog got all fidgety(spelling) he will get up suddenly and lick his behind and his breathing all night was like he was hot short and quick breaths.

I tried to look at the problem but he wont let me near the area to see, his pupils go big and his ears go back like he's going to bite, he will land a bite but doesn't put any force into it(Like a warning).

So I took him out for a walk to see if I can get a look that way for a second I saw like a small hole on his bum with gooey stuff on it. He is eating and drinking ok and doing his poops as normal.

So Ive booked an appointment with the vet at 3:20 this afternoon to see what she can do. If she cant get to see the problem what will she do it?

Yesterday evening my dog got all fidgety(spelling) he will get up suddenly and lick his behind and his breathing all night was like he was hot short and quick breaths.

I tried to look at the problem but he wont let me near the area to see, his pupils go big and his ears go back like he's going to bite, he will land a bite but doesn't put any force into it(Like a warning).

So I took him out for a walk to see if I can get a look that way for a second I saw like a small hole on his bum with gooey stuff on it. He is eating and drinking ok and doing his poops as normal.

So Ive booked an appointment with the vet at 3:20 this afternoon to see what she can do. If she cant get to see the problem what will she do it?

Just leave it up to the vet and the nurses mate, they'll have dealt with this hundreds of times.

Well im back from the vets and it took 3 nurses and me to hold him and we couldnt, vet said he is in a lot of pain and best to sedate him then examine the problem. I pick him back up at around 7pm. Im hoping its nothing complicated I dont want to lose another dog within 6 months.

Anal sac abscesses are very common and very painful. The antibiotics and painkillers the vet gave will have the dog improving soon. Completely curable (although some dogs seem prone to reinfection and it can be best having the anal sacs removed)

DAMN DANG and Blast :sick:

I read your comment, had an idea what was coming........and still clicked the darn video :shifty:

I think that vet guy enjoyed that just a little toooo much though.

We are just lucky it is not smellivision. :lol: Hoping he is on the mend soon. Helen.

my bitch lets off a god awfull fishy smell , but for no reason ( no stress or excitment etc ) sometimes she just does it.

why would she with out reason .

thanks

Anal glands overflowing. Can happen when they get excited.

My Westie had this sort of problem when she was young. Absolutely hates vets now.

Butter wouldn't melt in her mouth, normally. But she goes daft when she knows she's going to the vets. General anaestheric at £200 for almost anything. :hmm:

Muzzles don't stay on and vets keep their distance.