fox control

oneshot1986

not pulling the shot i have shot many foxes wiith my 17hmr ,i haveshot them in the boiler house, dozens of times at rangers of 120 yards they have run 10 to 20 yards and dropped dead but head shooting them at 50 to 70 yards stone dead he must be a good shot fair play to him just wondered how much drop did he give it

The knockers all have to look at the evidence there is indeed one very dead fox there, could be ranged with short legs could be a spot of luck. Ok its best to keep shots shorter but its not the biggest fox in the world, I've a mate who shoots a serious number of foxes who actually thinks the HMR kills better over 100 yards, thats simply because the velocity has dropped so its less explosive so penetrates better. Not sure how far out I'd go but experience says most foxes drop on the spot, the last two foxes I saw that needed a second shot were with .243's

One things for sure though it won't be going back for those chickens again.

hi to answer some questions first of all it was paced out and was a guestimate of the yrds but the gun was 0 at 145yrds giving you a + 1.5" at 90 yrds and a -1.5 at 165yrds this means nothing to me i just asked my freind who has told me to write this he said he gave it around a -2.5" he also said does anyone know what the ft. lbs is on 17hmr at 200yrds he belived it to be in the region of 70 to 75 ft. lbs he also said they tried to get this fox a couple of times but was lamp shy hence why he zeroed his 17hmr at 145yrds knowing it was going to be a shot at great distance he doesnt like to take shots on at this distance but knew the fox needed to be killed he also said it might of been a lucky shot but considering he was aiming for the heart shot then it was in his eyes a good shot doesnt mean anything to me but thats what he said

hi to answer some questions first of all it was paced out and was a guestimate of the yrds but the gun was 0 at 145yrds giving you a + 1.5" at 90 yrds and a -1.5 at 165yrds this means nothing to me i just asked my freind who has told me to write this he said he gave it around a -2.5" he also said does anyone know what the ft. lbs is on 17hmr at 200yrds he belived it to be in the region of 70 to 75 ft. lbs he also said they tried to get this fox a couple of times but was lamp shy hence why he zeroed his 17hmr at 145yrds knowing it was going to be a shot at great distance he doesnt like to take shots on at this distance but knew the fox needed to be killed he also said it might of been a lucky shot but considering he was aiming for the heart shot then it was in his eyes a good shot doesnt mean anything to me but thats what he said

At 200 yards its supposed to be 72 ft lbs which is still plenty of energy.