browning maxus

gemini52

to all you browning maxus owners, used my maxus today on clays and a small piece of metal had broken off what looks like the spring that sits in the fore end and has damaged the piston sleeve, the front of the action, could this be a design fault or just bad luck needless to say a bit ....ed off its a ninety mile round trip to take it back to ab guns in stockport.wondering whats my legal rights, are, bought it brand new in april this year has this happend to any one else

min has also had around 1500 cart through it no problem atall . i thought this was a common fault with the early Maxus and Browning has since made a slightly heaver duty spring for them , but can`t be sure

hi i bought this brand new in april but cant be sure when it was manufactured, took it back today and they are sending it back to browning.

Chrispti had a similar problem with his. I know a few that have had a problem with the piston spring.

:yes:

My spring snapped in two (just like the one in the picture, in the link posted below) :blink: Thought it was due to the fact I had been using some of Mudpatten's anti aircraft 3.5'' home loads. :D

I had mine replaced and has been good so far.

I have one of these aftermarket (apparently stronger) springs http://gas-piston-springs.com/ if mine snaps again :good:

:yes:

My spring snapped in two (just like the one in the picture, in the link posted below) :blink: Thought it was due to the fact I had been using some of Mudpatten's anti aircraft 3.5'' home loads. :D

I had mine replaced and has been good so far.

I have one of these aftermarket (apparently stronger) springs http://gas-piston-springs.com/ if mine snaps again :good:

the piston spring seems fine its the flat spring that sits in the fore end that holds the barrel on if i had done my home work would have stuck with beretta its dented my confidence. like the look but not the bad reports,

• 2 weeks later...

to all you browning maxus owners, used my maxus today on clays and a small piece of metal had broken off what looks like the spring that sits in the fore end and has damaged the piston sleeve, the front of the action, could this be a design fault or just bad luck needless to say a bit ....ed off its a ninety mile round trip to take it back to ab guns in stockport.wondering whats my legal rights, are, bought it brand new in april this year has this happend to any one else

had a call from ab guns today they said a brand new gun arrived today so hats off to browning and ab guns.

Picked up my brand new replacement maxus today, everythings fine really nice gun in fact the woods better then the old one,i asked the dealer if i could get any redress for the thirty quid i spent on petrol bearing in mind its a ninty five mile round trip which i have done twice he said take it up with browning but cant see you getting anything, a couple boxes of cartriges would of done me think it will be the last time i buy a gun from him

Edited by gemini52