my best shot yet

Ackley

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Listen, you don't need to impress me with the long range willy waving. There's HMR threads a plenty for all that nonsense.

Not that I don't find it really really really interesting and the ultimate mark of erm yeah something really impressive, so you crack on.

Besides, as I said I more for the over a mile caper. I'll put a really convincing post up tomorrow night about how I shot something inconsequential but small like a hare or a chinchilla at massive range, then everyone will think I am reeeely grate and with the mad skillz.

who said i wanted to impress anyone especially the likes of you who are so far behind your going backwards,theres are many many people who are interested in long range skillfull shooting,obviouly you aint one fo them so go away and "try" to annoy someone else as your boring as ****its amazing you love to jump up and down on a post like this but dont say a word when a **** posts hes shot a mole at 20 yards with a 338,but I suspose you thinks thats OK

go away sonny your boring

who said i wanted to impress anyone especially the likes of you who are so far behind your going backwards,theres are many many people who are interested in long range skillfull shooting,obviouly you aint one fo them so go away and "try" to annoy someone else as your boring as ****

its amazing you love to jump up and down on a post like this but dont say a word when a **** posts hes shot a mole at 20 yards with a 338,but I suspose you thinks thats OK

go away sonny your boring

Oh jog on troll boy, you'll have to do better :lol:

i'd imagine it would just pencil thru, they're quite fragile are hares so it doesn't take much to drop one

No...I meant pictures of the Hare.

I'm intrigued what the bullet would do at that distance.

quite right very little damage at all as all the energy would have been dump inside,the slower the bullet the lesser the damage but still the same result without the mess which Iam not to keen on anyway

next time I will take a photo

Every time I shoot a 500+ yard kill, I happen to forget my camera. Must happen to all the others too :trolleyes:

shooters dont usually carry cameras not with lenses with a zoom big enough for 600 yards iam afraid,can I borrow yours next time,Iam out to shoot stuff not take photos of it,isnt that hobby caledl photography a totaly different pass time if you didnt know :lol:

I thought one dead hare looked like any other,on a personal note I would rather see a photo of a live one than a dead one,but if photos of dead stuff floats your boat you crack on

Edited by Ackley

Nice shot, not really into the long range stuff myself but have had a few goes on a mates rpa .243 ai and don't think people realise with the right equipment just how "easy" for want of a better word it is to pull off very accurate shots at very long range. Range it, dial it in nice solid rest dot on the target squeeze trigger. No guess work like some people seem to assume.

Personally I prefer to stalk in but don't knock it till you've tried it

Nice shot, not really into the long range stuff myself but have had a few goes on a mates rpa .243 ai and don't think people realise with the right equipment just how "easy" for want of a better word it is to pull off very accurate shots at very long range. Range it, dial it in nice solid rest dot on the target squeeze trigger. No guess work like some people seem to assume.

Personally I prefer to stalk in but don't knock it till you've tried it

your not far off the mark it does help if you can shoot as well,I also like to stalk,seems I have the best of both worlds unlike some,which you can see who they are by the silly narrow minded replies

Every time I shoot a 500+ yard kill, I happen to forget my camera. Must happen to all the others too :trolleyes:

So what would a photo prove? That a hare had been shot at some point by someone at some distance?

Like Ackley says, pictures of live stuff are far more interesting than pictures of dead stuff.

When I try to explain to people what "sporting" is, I will just refer them to this thread and say "it's not that".

It's amazing what happens when some run out of paper targets?

**** come on then I will play for a while,but please try not to get too boring and try to bring something interesting to the table theres a good lad.

"sporting" come on then please tell the entire forum what this actually means,

shooting paper targets enables one to make such a skillfull shot a bit like "sportsman" who train to be the best at what they do,obvioulsy your that good you can just sit your fat *** in front of the PC with a pork pie and just talk about it :lol:

you probably think this is sporting http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/174043-another-species-taken-by-the-338/

Edited by Ackley

So what would a photo prove? That a hare had been shot at some point by someone at some distance?

Like Ackley says, pictures of live stuff are far more interesting than pictures of dead stuff.

exaclty,the only photos I have ever taken is of something really speical like my trips hunting over seas they make good memories

I don't mean a photo of a dead hare. Anyone could take a photo of that and say it was shot at x, y and z distance.

If I took a shot like that, the first thing I'd do is take a photo. The photo might not show a dead hare, but at least it adds to your story.

I think that even if I did shoot an animal at 500 yards, I'd not write a topic on here without so much as a photo of where I was shooting...

exaclty,the only photos I have ever taken is of something really speical like my trips hunting over seas they make good memories

..So this wasn't something really special then? It warranted a topic, so must be somewhat significant to you.

Edited by Billy.

I don't mean a photo of a dead hare. Anyone could take a photo of that and say it was shot at x, y and z distance.

If I took a shot like that, the first thing I'd do is take a photo. The photo might not show a dead hare, but at least it adds to your story.

I think that even if I did shoot an animal at 500 yards, I'd not write a topic on here without so much as a photo of where I was shooting...

..So this wasn't something really special then? It warranted a topic, so must be somewhat significant to you.

I will pack the camera next time mate just for you :good:

no not really very speical as I can go out every day and probably find a shot like that,now getting on a plane with your mates flying 13 hrs accross the globe into Africa and living in the bush for 2 weeks under canvas siting around an open fire,now thats speical

the only thing significant is I beat by personal best so showing practice pays off

Edited by Ackley

no not really very speical as I can go out every day and probably find a shot like that,now getting on a plane with your mates flying 13 hrs accross the globe into Africa and living in the bush for 2 weeks under canvas siting around an open fire,now thats speical

Oh you are speshal. Well, we know you are very speshal and with the mad skillz... because you keep telling us.

You appear to have dropped something there :lol:

Oh you are speshal. Well, we know you are very speshal and with the mad skillz... because you keep telling us.

You appear to have dropped something there :lol:

you forget to answer my question sir "what does sporting mean" I asked you to bring something interesting to the table seems you cant

Edited by Ackley

That should keep the doubters happy Ackley, can you try and get a couple of fields, a hedgeline and maybe even a stone wall in it, and make sure

you place a red 'X' to mark the spot.......

I was distracted and busy lapping up and basking in the magnificence of your African trip that you just told us about and of course your long range hare shot which according to the title of your thread was your “best shot yet” – it being noted that the “title” to this thread is the only thing you can’t go back over later and edit / change to suit.