my best shot yet

Ackley

got a call from one of my farmers that he had done a little cutting,I never need an excuse not to be out sitting over a freshly cut field perfect for those long range shots before dark.

any way I sat accross the valley spying with my binos hopeing to catch a fox,crow,magpie rabbit or hare.

I spotted a couple of hares at 600 yards,the wind was shoiwng 10/11 mph so the relevent adjustment made to the scope,a nice solid rest was on the top of my Hi lux standing on the rear bumper,couldnt have been better

composed my breathing and sent the bullet on its way which produces a perfect cold bore chest shot.

now before the idiot brigade starts to jump up and down hare are legal quarry and I do know what Iam doing with a rifle and have the equipment which enables me to take such shots

Edited by Ackley

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well funny bit of trolling :good::lol:

I would join in, but I don't want to show you up with my 964 yard hare. Yes, my legs had failed me and my truck wouldn't start and so I had to shoot it at that range what with hares being that pest species they are, and because getting a bit nearer wasn't an option, was it? :lol:

Well funny bit of trolling :good::lol:

I would join in, but I don't want to show you up with my 964 yard hare. Yes, my legs had failed me and my truck wouldn't start and so I had to shoot it at that range what with hares being that pest species they are, and because getting a bit nearer wasn't an option, was it? :lol:

if I wanted to get closer I would have but wheres the skill in that :lol:

964 yards hare wow well done must have taken a lot of practice and testing to pull that one off :rolleyes:

Edited by Ackley

if I wanted to get closer I would have but wheres the skill in that :lol:

Well that's what I thought which I why I rarely shoot anything inside of a mile these days. That under a mile nonsense is for amateurs and poofs.

I'm not one of those people that thinks that field craft and stalking has any skill nor do I have any respect for my quarry or concern myself with follow up shots. Nah, it's all in the long range stuff, that's where the real skill is, obviously.

Well that's what I thought which I why I rarely shoot anything inside of a mile these days. That under a mile nonsense is for amateurs and poofs.

I'm not one of those people that thinks that field craft and stalking has any skill nor do I have any respect for my quarry or concern myself with follow up shots. Nah, it's all in the long range stuff, that's where the real skill is, obviously.

as I said where the skill driving up to a hare with the barrel hanging out of the window no need for any follow up shot mate when the job is done right in the first place,you should practice more and get a bit be confident then maybe you aint got to worry about a follow up,not that you neeed one on a hare with a 74gr bullet running at 3665 fps,now trying the same shot with a lesser caliber may be,but you should know your limits and the limits of your kit.

I think I will try fopr a 700 yard shot this weekend,I will drive the truck further away :lol:

Listen, you don't need to impress me with the long range willy waving. There's HMR threads a plenty for all that nonsense.

Not that I don't find it really really really interesting and the ultimate mark of erm yeah something really impressive, so you crack on.

Besides, as I said I more for the over a mile caper. I'll put a really convincing post up tomorrow night about how I shot something inconsequential but small like a hare or a chinchilla at massive range, then everyone will think I am reeeely grate and with the mad skillz.