New member from Scotland

Commando

Hi everyone,

Almost 20 years military and private security experience but I am a bit of a virgin with regards to firearms/weapons/shooting etc in a civilian capacity in the UK. Started reading the Home Office requirements for FAC and well confused AFTER reading!!

I am toying with the idea of setting up my own range using .22 rimfire rifles such as the much discussed M4/AR15s. Range doesnt need to be any more than 100m.

Would be good to network with anyone who can offer some guidance and anyone selling relevant firearms. I will add my wishlist below for your perusal. ( Will repost in the wanted ads if preferred by moderators).

22 Rimfire

•  
  • AR15s x 4 or Sig variants
  • AK variants x 2

Deactivated firearms

•  
  • Sig-Sauer P226
  • AK variants

*Also considering RAM format Sig P226

Look forward to your feedback.

Welcome to the watch!

Although I have no imidiate experince of FAC, from what I do know from FAC holders and info from the rest of PW you may encounter problems with wanting 6 self loading .22s. The leicencing people (firearms department of your local police force) will want to see a good reason to own each fire arm you put in for, so you would be applying for 6 slots for .22 self loaders. They will not be interested (officially) in what type (eg, AK style, AR 15) you want, just that you want 6 .22s. I'm not sure if wanting to set up your own range would require you to become a registered firearm dealer in order to hold all those rifles, or if your local police would want you having 6 of the same gun, esspecially self loaders. But, I wish you the very best of luck with the project, and I'm sure someone else will correct anything I have got wrong here.

Josh :good:

You'll be lucky to find many people on here with a similar choice of firearm.

They're use in hunting (The main focus of this forum) is some what questionable, and dare I say it.. a bit air-soft / walt'ish :oops:

The likes of the AirgunBBS / Practical shotgun forums, maybe a better bet for your enquiry. :good:

That said... Welcome