Help please!!

Sx3 clay breaker

Timber frame buildings have a brick outside skin but a timber and plasterboard internal structure.

It's far more secure to fit the safe to the solid wall no matter where it is. Being inside a fitted wardrobe would also be a benefit in the eyes of the police as the safe will be hidden from view. :good:

Hi there I'm bolting my cabinet this week but I have hit a problem the outside Walls are plasterboard and hollow but I have a walk in waldrove that the wall is brick and separates two room would it be ok to put it there ???

Rgds sx3

My interior walls are plasterboard. What to do is carefull cut the plasterboard behind the cabinet with a Stanley then add extra fixings inside the wall securely to line up with your cabinet holes, then re-attach the plaster board by placing a piece of timber overlapping the join Or if its in a cupboard put a new full sheet of plasterboard onto the wall. Fill any screw holes etc with poly filler sand then paint. Its easier done than said but if your not sure, and know any lads in the building trade then they would be able to do it no probs.

Nutty

It's a common misconception that cabinets have to be fixed to a brick or concrete block wall.

They must be secured to the fabric of the building, a stud wall is fine, as is floor and ceiling joists.

Mine is in a locked cupboard, coach bolted to the floor joists, stairs and a purpose built stud wall. It would be a lot quicker and quieter to knock a brick wall out than get my cabinet away.

Thanks guys Ill put it in the wardrobe and get a lock on that swell also what could I use as a ammo box

For FAC (Section1 ammunition) a small safe either digital or keylock should be ok, for Section 2 (shotgun carts) no secure storage is required by law.