fox snaring

mayfly36

thought it was ileagle to use a drag :hmm:

:yes:

And you can't use a tree unless all branches are cut off to stop snagging....and there can't be any trees within reach and you cannot barricade to channel the fox I to the snare... I think the fact these are to help people control foxes has been forgotten :rolleyes:

ideally a stake/peg use about the bottom third of an old fence post thats not rotten, drill a hole through it and tie the snare through it also ude a staple or two to fix it in place then about a 12" slim length of hazel to use as a teeler/propfixes with a cable tie or some thin wire. no fences just nowhere he can get tangled and/or hang himself up.

we use a old snare to lenthen your snare to reach a tree, or use a heavy fence post as a drag he wont go far, even better get him on a fence he will be dead befor he knows it and wonk kick up the run ... oh hell sorry i forgot about the new laws :yp:

best bet is to carry bloody big heavy lumps of iron around he countryside bash them in (whilst kicking up the run and leaving loads of scent) use the verrrrry exspencive new snare from the gwct and tag it up with the new id tags. you have to do this in a open field too as runs in woodland scrub and fences (bye the way all the good ones) are a no go now

good luck.....

we use a old snare to lenthen your snare to reach a tree, or use a heavy fence post as a drag he wont go far, even better get him on a fence he will be dead befor he knows it and wonk kick up the run ... oh hell sorry i forgot about the new laws :yp:

best bet is to carry bloody big heavy lumps of iron around he countryside bash them in (whilst kicking up the run and leaving loads of scent) use the verrrrry exspencive new snare from the gwct and tag it up with the new id tags. you have to do this in a open field too as runs in woodland scrub and fences (bye the way all the good ones) are a no go now

good luck.....

true :yes::yes:

As has been stated it is now illeagle to use a dragline for snares.

I have found it best after seeing several types of anchor in use to use 6mm rod with either a nut welded on or a hole drilled through.

It should be quick to set up, and the added bonus is the fox cant get a shorter snare and strangle itself by going round the post many a time.

As some numpty found out 2x2 sawn timber is not strong enough as a stake.

As has been stated it is now illeagle to use a dragline for snares.

I have found it best after seeing several types of anchor in use to use 6mm rod with either a nut welded on or a hole drilled through.

It should be quick to set up, and the added bonus is the fox cant get a shorter snare and strangle itself by going round the post many a time.

As some numpty found out 2x2 sawn timber is not strong enough as a stake.

depends how far you welt it in thou

• 2 weeks later...