how i remove

camokid

Great video Andy! :yes: Similar to how I do them but I have been using a bit of hazel stick split in two. I will have to get a hacksaw blade just as you have done as it will be so much easier and lighter to carry. :good:

What a great tip and technique mate, it goes to show that you are never too old to learn!

Thanks! :good:

Question for you guys who remove the tails....What do you do to the tail to preserve it ????

Ive shot many foxs but never removed the tails...

take the tail off stick it in a container full of meths (the camping fule) for a week or two take it out wash well with shampoo and then place some sort of rod in it to keep it stright i use hazel sticks or anything that will fit then just let it air dry give it a brush to get the fluffy look back and there you go its easy and looks wicked on your shelf never smells and lasts well (year)

thanks for comments lads

Hi Camokid,

Great video, I must try it out, what job does the meths do, if you dont use it does the skin decompose and become smelly.

Cheers :rolleyes:

hi pal yes it will decopose the fur/hair will fall out and it will stink within a day or two. meths is alcohol based that itself acts as a Preservative. it will keep for years