Bettinsoli, Yes or No

Jellyben

Bettinsoli are quite well made guns, but at the cheaper end of the market (which doesn't mean they won't outlast most shooters).

Secondhand price depends on model and condition, whatever the make of gun.

Have a look at the ones for sale on Guntrader.co.uk , that will give you some fair comparisons. :blush:

Am looking for my first gun and have been offered a 1 year old Bettinsoli for £475. Is a Bettinsoli a good buy, and is it a good price?

If its your first gun it is worth a trip down to your local clay ground talk to people their most will give you a go, or a reputable gun shop gun fit is so important especially for your first gun, for that kind of money you can have a choice of lots of guns. Try to get the best fit and it will save you money in the long run,clay shooting is so much fun especially if your breaking clays. :rolleyes:

I would agree with Jon Boy. I bought a nice S'H 101 for £400 and I could sell it for the same now, the Bettinsoli would not hold its value nor be anything like as shootable as a nice Winchester 101 or Miroku. Don't be obsessed with finding a multichoke as 1/4 and 1/2 will serve 99% of your needs.

I got a new Bettinsoli silverline for my first gun and have had it now for getting on 3 years.

It is a fixed choke, 30" barrel, 3" chamber etc and has had atleast 3000 shells through it and as yet everything is good.

I use it mainly for Pigeon shooting on our farm but have done an aoocaisonal clay shoot with it and i cant fault it as yet.

One thing i havnt done with the gun is clearned it regularly but still performs well.

I cant remember how much i paid for it but it was around £500. It is the one i felt fitted me the best whilst in the shop. I also got shown a 2nd hand winchester that was around £500 but it didnt feel quite the same as the bettonsoli.

So really what you need to do is go to the shop and hold both of them and see which you feel suits you.

which model bettingsoli is it , £400 might be a better s/h price.

i shot a new bettingsoli overland on the sporting on sunday and i loved it , it was very light in weight ( comparison with my lanber ) but handled superb , cheek , face , bead line up was spot on .

get one :lol:

Bettinsoli are nice affordable guns and for their money are VERY GOOD for trap.

My mate owns one as does his DAD and so does his WIFE. All 3 are solid well built guns and I would have one tomorrow if i could afford it.

All 3 are MORE than happy with price performance and quality.

For their price you can't go wrong.

All you need do is look at the March issue of Sporting shooter at the review on the Bettinsoli overlander.

LG

Since RUAG Ammotec took over the Bettinsoli line have certainly been improved. I would recommend them, and currently have my eye on the Diamondline de Luxe.

I bought mine secondhand, as a pigeon hide gun, for £300, (the seller was asking £350) For an extra £40 I got the rest of his shooting kit and was very pleased with the deal.

Thankfully this one was in mint condition. As the seller put it back in the case, and wiped the stock with a soft rag, I knew it was the equivalent of the vicar's wife's car. He'd had it for only a short while and was dreaming of getting a motor bike, so I dropped lucky. The next Bettinsoli will be new!