Face camo

Steve

What do you guys use as face camo?  I use a jungle boonie hat with a face veil tied to it that I can pull down when the birds are coming in.  My mate uses one of those realtree headnet things, but on a warm day he pants more than the bloody dog!

I tried out camo cream for a while, but it was hard to get it all off.

Hiya Steve

I use the realtree headnets as your mate does, I have 2 though, one of them is a light T shirt material, which is great in the winter,& the other is a net one, which I find comfortable as the mesh is quite large & lets the breeze through. I tried to talk Kev into wearing a plastic sainsbury's bag & to secure it tightly, but he wouldn't have any of it! :angry:  :angry:

I wear a hat with a large floppy brim.

Face nets and their variations, end up irritating me and I feel "itchy".

I used face camo once when I was a lad (a mate in the Army cadets got me some) and it was a hell of a job to get off.

My mother wouldn,t let me in the house for days, she thought I was an illegal immigrant. :angry:

PS. If any illegal immigrants read this and are offended.....TOUGH. :evil:

I've always used a military issue "headover", which for those who aren't familiar with them are stretchy green fabric tubes that go over your head and fit around your neck to keep you warm. They are large enough to pull up over your face when required. I've always thought this was one of my most important bits of kit when decoying or roost shooting, until yesterday. Yesterday was my first trip out decoying for nearly a year and guess what? I couldn't find my headover. Needless to say I went without and it didn't make an ounce of difference. I was getting clear shots at pigeons directly over the hide and they didn't seem to bother about my pale face peering at 'em. Until it was too late that is. Of course there is another reason for using a headover- they only cost £2.

Camo cream

To get camo cream of your face you need to pinch your wifes niva face cream!!!! :angry:  You put the nivia on first rubed in well and put the camo cream on after... comes of a treat  :D  .trick of the trade .Also did you now that millitary camo cream is made by maxfactor and it has a built in insect repelent.. I dont work for maxfactor i was in the  Army for 12 years :angry:  :angry: