Ceasar Guerini Maxum Impact

JonD

Hi All,

I currently shoot a semi auto and have been saving for a Kriegoff K80 Pro-Rib but tried a gun today that really impressed me and thinking of reconsidering.

I don't really know much about CG as they have never come up on my radar previously, what's the reliability like? what's the warranty? forgot to ask as was too busy playing with it ;) What are the residuals like?

In terms of use it will be used mainly for English Skeet\Doubles\NSSA, English Sporting and Sportrap but will give me the opportunity to start trying the trap disciplines. In terms of usage it's likely to get 14-16000 shells through it a year.

The gun i'm looking at is a 32" Maxum Impact Sporting with high rib which I love, it still feels light compared to the K80 but easy enough at add weight to. I have been shooting a mates 32" K80 Pro Rib occasionally and it works well for me, I liked the clip in barrel weights on the CG. It shot very smoothly, It came up well and once the CG guy had adjusted the comb etc for me I started smashing clays to bits.

It's so similar to the K80 but about £6000 cheaper! The way i'm looking at it is that's nearly the end of the competitive season and probably a good time to change guns to get used to a new gun, getting it fitted and going back to an O\U and I won't miss picking up my empties :)

This is it:

http://www.gueriniguns.co.uk/sport_guns/sport_images/maxum_impact_sporting_large.jpg

Cheers,

Jon.

Hi,

I've shot the CG Summit Impact in 32 and the Fabarm High rib in 30"-For me and my money its the way forward-I seem to be able to pick up the birds sooner with devastating kills.

the fabarm has a non adjustable rib as i'm sure you're aware but is the adjustable rib worth an extra £700 on list price if buying new?

Only down side I can see with buying Fabarms is the 3 yr warranty where the CG is 10yr.

Spoke to Mike from Anglo Italian on friday-he rates them-nut then again he's selling them.

I'm shooting a cheaper option for a high rib gun- a browning citori with adjustable stock and multi-choked, but got say after shooting the Fabarm my hearts leaning towards it.

let me know what you go with

regards

fuddster

• 2 weeks later...

The cg Summit impact is a great gun, i use it for mainly sporting with some trap and skeet. Just remember once you've set it up leave it. There is a great temptation to twiddle with the stock, the rib, the balance and the trigger. My advice is don't be tempted to mess about once you have set it up. Shoot it for 6 months before you twiddle again!