Clay Shoot - Crewe ?

station

Used to be one at Holmes Chapel but i think it shut down. Then on the opposite side of the M6 same junction there used to be one on a farm but again i'm not sure if that still operates either.There also used to be one at Trentham Gardens but again i'm sure that that also closed a number of years back.Nearest one to there of any size is West Midands Shooting Gound,( Hodnet ). from Auntie. :good:

Do a search on here for a post i put on asking the same question about 6 months ago, i was working down there until earlier in the year. I was told the nearest was the other side of the m6. Turn left as you come of the M6 instead or right to Crewe. I think it was called Cloudside ?? There were a few around the Manchester area as well.

I never got chance to go as i couldnt find storage for my guns during the day and i dont think taking a gun and carts onto a live gas plant would have gone down well with my employer !!

Hope you get sorted

Alex

Used to be one at Holmes Chapel but i think it shut down. Then on the opposite side of the M6 same junction there used to be one on a farm but again i'm not sure if that still operates either.There also used to be one at Trentham Gardens but again i'm sure that that also closed a number of years back.Nearest one to there of any size is West Midands Shooting Gound,( Hodnet ). from Auntie. :good:

Don't get me started about all the little (non-registered) shoots that there used to be in Cheshire, at least 8 probably more, that have closed down in the last 10 years but station you are correct there is a shoot at junction 16 of the M6.

It's called Flash Farm and it's less than a mile by road from the junction to the East of the M6. I will try to dig out the info (contact tel number etc) as I'm not sure of the details I think they shoot on the second Sunday of the month but am not 100% certain. One thing I do know is that it's a fibre wad only shoot.

This shoot is sometimes referred to as the Barthomley shoot but that shoot was on the West side of the same junction and closed about 3 or 4 years ago.

Just had a thought, there is a gun shop quite near called A&D Supplies at Northwich http://www.aanddsupplies.co.uk/gun_supplies.html If you give them a call they probably can give you the full SP about the Flash Farm Clay Shoot. If they can't help give John Beswick a call at Station Garage (Rainhill Cartridge Supplies) on 0151 426 4607 (Thurs/Fri/Sat AM) as I know he shoots there and will let you know when it's on.

If you do go the latitude & longitude is Lat N53.0761 & long W-2.3330 or Grid Ref. SJ 77779 53275.

Hope this helps

Mr Potter

Edited by Mr Potter

Don't get me started about all the little (non-registered) shoots that there used to be in Cheshire, at least 8 probably more, that have closed down in the last 10 years but station you are correct there is a shoot at junction 16 of the M6.

It's called Flash Farm and it's less than a mile by road from the junction to the East of the M6. I will try to dig out the details (contact tel number etc) as I'm not sure of the details I think they shoot on the second Sunday of the month but am not 100% certain. One thing I do know is that it's a fibre wad only shoot.

This shoot is sometimes referred to as the Barthomley shoot but that shoot was on the West side of the same junction and closed about 3 or 4 years ago.

Just had a thought, there is a gun shop quite near called A&D Supplies at Northwich http://www.aanddsupplies.co.uk/gun_supplies.html If you give them a call they probably can give you the full SP about the Flash Farm Clay Shoot. If they can't help give John Beswick a call at Station Garage (Rainhill Cartridge Supplies) on 0151 426 4607 (Thurs/Fri/Sat AM) as I know he shoots there and will let you know when it's on.

If you do go the latitude & longitude is Lat N53.0761 & long W-2.3330 or Grid Ref. SJ 77779 53275.

Hope this helps

Mr Potter

This has to win some sort of prize for being the most informative and comprehensive reply to a vague question ever !!!

Top Marks Mr P

:good: :good: :good:

Do a search on here for a post i put on asking the same question about 6 months ago, i was working down there until earlier in the year. I was told the nearest was the other side of the m6. Turn left as you come of the M6 instead or right to Crewe. I think it was called Cloudside ?? There were a few around the Manchester area as well.

I never got chance to go as i couldnt find storage for my guns during the day and i dont think taking a gun and carts onto a live gas plant would have gone down well with my employer !!

Hope you get sorted

Alex

Cloudside, brilliant ground but they don't open on a Sunday and, as far as I am aware don't hold any competitions. Website for directions & contact details is http://www.cloudside.co.uk/chap1.html

Mr Potter

Super helpful Mr Potter - many thanks :D

As for Cloudside then Yes, I have shot there and it is one of the best grounds that I have ever shot !

The only downside is the price - it aint cheap, but as a treat, well worth every penny and the restaurant does stunningly good food.

I have shot a few times at Baldwins Gate (fibre only) which is about 15 mile from where I live - great bunch of guys.

I was looking for just something virtually on my door step - hence the post.

I normally shoot at NWSS which is a bit of a trek at 30 miles one way, but the staff and grounds are excellent and it's good VFM.

West Midlands Shooting Ground is about 25 miles, but the roads are not good in particular the nearer you get. I like the place and indeed bought a very nice Beretta 686e from Tom there recently at a very, very good price - only about £200 dearer than a mint second hand one in fact.

Again, many thanks for all your replies.

Flash farm ....... If you leave the m6 at junction 16 if you are heading south it's the 4th exit and north it's the 2nd exit alongside the Little Chef then the farm is 300 yards on the right . Follow the lane through the farm yard . Be careful of the dog as he thinks he has to personally greet every car . It is the second Sunday of the month

Fibre wad only but they can be bought on site 75 bird shoot is £17 in registered or £20 comp think £100 is high gun .

It's a very friendly informal shoot and layout is changed every time

I have only been a handful of times and can recommend it

Us stokies are a friendly bunch

Flash farm ....... If you leave the m6 at junction 16 if you are heading south it's the 4th exit and north it's the 2nd exit alongside the Little Chef then the farm is 300 yards on the right . Follow the lane through the farm yard . Be careful of the dog as he thinks he has to personally greet every car . It is the second Sunday of the month

Fibre wad only but they can be bought on site 75 bird shoot is £17 in registered or £20 comp think £100 is high gun .

It's a very friendly informal shoot and layout is changed every time

I have only been a handful of times and can recommend it

Us stokies are a friendly bunch

Cheers stokie :good:

• 2 weeks later...

There is a clay shooting ground at Mickley Hall, at Broomhall just outside Nantwich run by John/Scott Barnett - Not sure if I put tel no on here I will break rules so PM me to ask.

They do open practice as well as a 80 bird sporting shoot on 1st, 3rd and 5th Sunday in the month.

John is Ex England international and does coaching as well.

I have had some lessons from him and found him really good.

I joined a club Rowley Gun Club near Loggerheads a few years ago due to lack of shooting opportunities in Cheshire but its nice to see something coming back rather than going in this day and age.

Edited by Jan147

There is a clay shooting ground at Mickley Hall, at Broomhall just outside Nantwich run by John/Scott Barnett - Not sure if I put tel no on here I will break rules so PM me to ask.

They do open practice as well as a 80 bird sporting shoot on 1st, 3rd and 5th Sunday in the month.

John is Ex England international and does coaching as well.

I have had some lessons from him and found him really good.

I joined a club Rowley Gun Club near Loggerheads a few years ago due to lack of shooting opportunities in Cheshire but its nice to see something coming back rather than going in this day and age.

pm sent - thank you.

I shot at Mickley Hall a few weeks ago. A very interesting layout, although shootable,some of the stands are still under construction.

It will be a brilliant setup to shoot in wet weather as all the stands will have roofs on.

GH

Cheers Greenhunter.

Under cover - that's a change !