a few hour's on the geese this morning!!!

trentotter

got on the stubble this morning for around half-7.set a few decoy's up and within 20 mins they started coming in.i ended up with 4 canada'a and 2 greylags... i was using winchester super X 3 1/2 no 3 steel cart's and 3 of the canada's were hit at at least 75 yards and died instantly.so ive no problem with steel shot after that!! :good:

post-24624-0-35950200-1316861967.jpg

post-24624-0-79764300-1316861978.jpg

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

got on the stubble this morning for around half-7.set a few decoy's up and within 20 mins they started coming in.i ended up with 4 canada'a and 2 greylags... i was using winchester super X 3 1/2 no 3 steel cart's and 3 of the canada's were hit at at least 75 yards and died instantly.so ive no problem with steel shot after that!! :good:

:hmm: That's 225 ft :hmm: you young boys make me laugh :P

Well done though :good:

Good shooting mate! There's a bit of weight in those to carry back to the motor!

I'm not really into goose shooting so can I ask, isn't 75 yards a bit extreme for geese with a shotgun? :hmm: (I'm not faulting or doubting you, just asking out of interest)

it is a long way frenchie,and i dont do it on a regular basis but them 3 1/2 inch carts dont half wollop em!!but i do have some cart's that will bring them down at 100 yards+.... but they are lead so we can't use them :D :D :D .. anyway,les has asked me to ask you ,if you want a go at the geese to let me know and we'll sort something out!!just pm me...

it is a long way frenchie,and i dont do it on a regular basis but them 3 1/2 inch carts dont half wollop em!!but i do have some cart's that will bring them down at 100 yards+.... but they are lead so we can't use them :D :D :D .. anyway,les has asked me to ask you ,if you want a go at the geese to let me know and we'll sort something out!!just pm me...

100 yards+!! Really?!

I also think you were extremely lucky to kill canadas stone dead at 75 yards with 3 shot....

ive looked for them on the net but cant find nothing about them.they sell em at york guns,£10 a box of 10 35g no 2 shot and they do 60 metre+ or 100 metre+..

Really. 100 meters+ now. The range keeps going up!

Seriously, i see people on the marsh sometimes firing into geese at over 100 yards with a 12. It just isn't on.

Really. 100 meters+ now. The range keeps going up!

Seriously, i see people on the marsh sometimes firing into geese at over 100 yards with a 12. It just isn't on.

the shot is in some kind of capsule and it opens up at about 75 metres.so at 100 metres its like a 25 yard shot!! i dont know what the patern is like but they dont half rattle what ever they hit...they were tested at 75 metres and it put a single hole through a phone directory!!so up to 75 metres they are like a slug doing 1450 ft-s....they cant be used with any more than quarter choke and are a 70mm cartridge...ive had people who have shot with shotguns for years in disbelief when they have seen some of the shots ive done with them...i just wish they did em is steel!!

the shot is in some kind of capsule and it opens up at about 75 metres.so at 100 metres its like a 25 yard shot!! i dont know what the patern is like but they dont half rattle what ever they hit...they were tested at 75 metres and it put a single hole through a phone directory!!so up to 75 metres they are like a slug doing 1450 ft-s....they cant be used with any more than quarter choke and are a 70mm cartridge...ive had people who have shot with shotguns for years in disbelief when they have seen some of the shots ive done with them...i just wish they did em is steel!!

I'm really skeptical but I'd love to try them :yp:

Paper targets first before anyone says :lol: