Very sly fox

Dougy

After trying and trying for weeks, calling, baiting, night vision monocular, sneaking, trial camara,, you name it we tried it,

This fox would not come in whatever, i think previous shots from others made this one very coy. All we ever got were eyes flashing through the hedge, or it would walk along the ditch and pop its head up in another field. It would sit out and just watch you before slipping off into the darkness,gone.

Well last night it showed as usual around the normal time,normal position in the field and as usual 300 yards plus sneaking off towards the far corner hedge for another teasing show, it stopped once more for what seems to be taking the micky, that was the last time for this very large and very sly Fox.

Well chuffed with the outcome and if i must say i earned this one :good:

post-2987-0-88764000-1316937754.jpg

I think it had a few problems sorted after last night, one of its biggest was chasing the game birds, it wont bother having to go to that trouble again. We have had about 8 or 9 so far off the shoot, 1st year for us on that permision, its looking good so far, but not so good on the keeper from last year

Sako 75/ 22.250 50grn nosler :good:

Nice one :) it's always good to get a result like that :good:

I've got two doing the same to me just now.. they know when they are safe and when they are not :angry: but they will make a mistake soon :) :) :)

with this one the issue was the distance, even if we stalked closer it new the usual safety gap, But i managed to reach out to about 350yds (need clarification for exact didstance) , i dont really think it was expecting that, one of the reasons i was well chuffed, not a normal nights lamping as 200yds is more than enough distance, but this Fox was an exception.

(just had confirmation from my lamper using a leica range finder 359yds) :good:

Edited by Dougy

That from alkmonton john ive seen a couple on my permission that are very sneaky and very lamp shy

no it was on A mates patch, ive cleared just about all from alkmonton. keeping ok?

saying that i must get over again in the next few weeks, TTFN :good:

Edited by Dougy