Shooting bolting Bunnies

pavman

we cut the cattle maize in around 2 weeks and we shoot the bolting rabbits and the odd fox i may need some help as a couple of lads may not be able to make it this year location is the Bungay/Beccles area over 2 days when its dry if you fancy a chance to join in let me know as i run a list and call untill i get enough cover

update gents.........

I now have a few names of interested people (thanks guys) so what i intend to do is split into 2 groups over 2 days to try to give as many as poss a chance to meet up and have a days shooting. Day one i will offer to the first who made contact (its the only fair way) I will sit it out so my gun can be taken and just do the picking up off the quad and make tea, :good:

Day one Pavman picking up, Guns - GP1, Grandalf, Bleeh, JR 1960 + another

Day 2 Pavman picking up, Guns – The Duke, decoy 1997, Billywoodsman + another

I have a couple of people not on PW = (+another) to call so for now looks like we can all get a day out and meet up. If you cant make the day on offer I will try to change things round but only if I can

Its still a case of when we get the contract cutter and that should be some time next week but it has to be a dry day or they wont cut.

I will phone each man on the number given and try to give as much notice as I can but with this job its never more than 24 hrs! if you can make it great if not i will phone the next gun until we get enough cover.

Look forward to meeting you all,

cheers Dan

Guys plz keep ure phones on for conformation of meet up time and safety brief in the morning and wed, we have at least one charlie and a fair few rabbits so expecting some action as we cut to the middle. Please bring a pack lunch. I always ware wellies as the stubble is harsh on the shins as we walk it up

NO DOGS IN THE FIELD PLEASE DUE TO THE CUTTER.......... but if you want to give them a run out at lunch or at the end to pick up any missing bunnies thats fine but again be aware of the maize stubble its very hard on dogs and shins

Tues; Pavman, Grandalf, Bleeh, GP1, JR 1960, Decoy1979

wed, Pavman, The Duke, Billywoodsman, GP1, (another Pavs mate) poss Grandalf+Bleeh depending on whats left and if they are available

thanks guys, Dan

Thanks for a real fun day yesterday Dan, good to meet you and the rest of the guys.

Sorry I couldn't make today, hope you had fun.

Cheers John

Glad you made it fella, full report and pics to follow once i clear my desk and get my fat little fingers in action

Just to show that PW meet ups work and perhaps encourage others to give it a bash,

I need help each year with shooting bolting rabbits on the cattle maize cut. For those that dont know some farms grow maize that gets cut and pulped and is stored to feed the herd in winter once they come off the marsh and go into the sheds. We had 6 fields for about 150 acres cut over 2 days with 2 teams of guns.

Day one Pavman, Grandalf, Bleeh, GP1, JR1960, Decoy 1979

Day two Pavman, Grandalf, GP1, The Duke, Billywoodsman, and pavs mate soon to be DB1

A big thanks from me for the guys giving up there time to help, everyone got some shooting and the bag was 65 Rabbits and no Charlie seen which farmer was delighted with. Everyone turned up on time did a cracking safe job and we had a great 2 days shooting.

Well done chaps :good:

Grandalf charms Mrs P in the hope of something sweet!

Bleeh takes on energy ready for the off!

post-1500-0-62530900-1319106555.jpg

post-1500-0-20202600-1319106601.jpg

Edited by pavman

A big thankyou to Dan for a well organised shoot, nice to put a face to the P/W members that were invited, second day was best as we got sausage rolls & fruit cake :P thankyou Mrs P :good:

Just like to say when shooting a Rabbit remember to take the safety off before pulling the trigger as you tend to MISS dont you Dan.

(Sorry Dan :D )