Scope mounted lamp?????

will1992

Evening all, I have abit of land at my house and i frequently shoot on it in the day and evenings but i am looking to do abit more lamping on it. I have done some before with a mate holding the lamp and out the sunroof off the landy but i want to do some on foot alone so therefore need a lamp to go on scope. I have a webley raider 10 with a hawk 3-9x40 scope on and really want something lightweight to sit on top of it! What options do i have? i have seen plenty around mainly on ebay but i dont really want to waste money on something that wont do the job (obviously!)

soooo does anyone have any suggestions? i dont really want to spend a fortune so anything from £50-£100 if its possible to get a decent one for that would be great!

Cheers, Will

I use the Sniper Systems 600 lumen scope mounted lamp.

For me it is too powerful and has only one setting.

It is very good at spotting in white at 400 yards but that is only alerting the whole world you are there.

I am now looking at the Deben Tactical 400 with different power settings. It is about half the price of the SS lamp as well.

The SS only comes with a red filter. This is better but still very bright.

HB

Edited by Hopper Bopper

• 4 weeks later...

Will,a good lamp for use with your Air-rifle is the Deben Tracer Max!

would agree or even the mini pro.afterall your max distance will probly be 35-40yrds so you wouldnt want to lamp to far past your killing range and maybe spooking your quarry.also advise on a dimmer switch.debnen do a full kit ideal for your air-rifle.

Thanks for the advice guys. Ive just bought the Deben Tracer GL2 £49.99. done abit of research and looks a tidy bit of kit, will let you all know the verdict :)

Cheers, Will

It will very probably serve you well. But you will soon learn to take any manufacturers beam distance with a pinch of salt, even without a coloured filter! :yes::good:

"Torches" are getting better and better, this rates as entry level and there are many far better, but at a price!