Laurona 12g over and under

Matt Gould

Best kept secret in cheap gun speak. My first gun was a O/U with double triggers which would fire both barrels from either front or rear trigger and never missed a beat. They had the unique distinction of having chromed barrels which means they can make excellent foreshore guns.

The early ones are 28" as mine was, but towards the late 80`s they introduced a 30" single trigger version which being heavier lent itself more to both field and clay use. I did find though that this later model had very little RH factory cast which meant I got rid within months. But I have always believed that Laurona missed a huge trick in the UK market. They should have introduced a properly sorted clay version to compete with the Bettinsoli, Rizzini, Lanber rubbish :lol: , it would have eaten them for breakfast.

everning all could someone please tell me a little about the make laurona got the charnce to buy on second hand it a single trigger o/u 12g in good nick and feels good to hold. just wondering what your guys views on thses guns are before i matbe go and buy it. cheers Matt

They are a really good solid shotgun with chromed bores and some were chambered for 3" magnum.

Price wise I reckon between £250-£450 depending on condition.

Best kept secret in cheap gun speak. My first gun was a O/U with double triggers which would fire both barrels from either front or rear trigger and never missed a beat. They had the unique distinction of having chromed barrels which means they can make excellent foreshore guns.

The early ones are 28" as mine was, but towards the late 80`s they introduced a 30" single trigger version which being heavier lent itself more to both field and clay use. I did find though that this later model had very little RH factory cast which meant I got rid within months. But I have always believed that Laurona missed a huge trick in the UK market. They should have introduced a properly sorted clay version to compete with the Bettinsoli, Rizzini, Lanber rubbish :lol: , it would have eaten them for breakfast.

you say had very little cast on the latter modles does that mean they will bee good for lefties ?

everning all could someone please tell me a little about the make laurona got the charnce to buy on second hand it a single trigger o/u 12g in good nick and feels good to hold. just wondering what your guys views on thses guns are before i matbe go and buy it. cheers Matt

Matt.

I had one back in the 70s double trigger ....Loved that gun ...swapped it for a s/s Sable biggest mistake of my life.... Very well made Spanish shotgun.

you say had very little cast on the latter modles does that mean they will bee good for lefties ?

No not really. The early gun I had shot slightly low and left which is very common in cheaper end stuff, but not enough to really matter for the kind of shooting I did back then. Pigeon over decoys and dustbin lid pairs off the same arm were the norm then, I once shot a 47x50 with that thing :) , happy memories.

The 30" single trigger one was bought new and despite high expectations I just couldn`t smoke anything with it and the pattern plate showed why :look: , a little low and quite a bit left :blush: . It took a serious bit of bending to cure it but by then I`d progressed to serious guns like Miroku and Beretta.

Left handers need cast ON, this thing had too little cast OFF, so you`d still have had to bend it the other way for a left hander.

Never owned one but have used one I borrowed off the local gunsmith. I loved the one I borrowed and almost bought it but money was tight at the time. You shouldn't go far wrong with it. Many of my Wildfowling friends used them, like stated earlier, chromed barrels etc. Good all round gun.

I had one for a few years. Very solid made gun. Mine was a 28" double trigger one, non ejector. I recall it shot a bit high, so I think it was more of a field gun, but I used it for clays for a time. Personally I never really got on with it. It seemed to have a lot more recoil than any other gun ive used.

Still, I had it for 3 or 4 years, then sold it for exactly the same as what I paid for it! :good: