Do you really need a gun licence

clay shooter

Humberside do a visit every renewal. Guess that builds a delay in straight away.

So do GMP, I sent the renewal off tue, got a phone call Fri a visit 10 am sun licence back in wed post.

and he was trying to get me to apply for one for my son. He will be retired next time mines up :(

I think © means that I could send my mrs to the shop to buy the cartridges as long as she had my SGC and a letter from me explaining that I've sent her to buy them because I can't get there.

I'm going to try that! :lol:

Nick

You are quite correct.

I regularly send my wife in to buy mine in such a way.

:D Well it has certainly made a few waves regards to Postmaster Fred **** and his SGC Perhaps it would be better to have an overall of the legislation NATIONALY and make ALL COUNTIES THE SAME ? after all we all are responsible gun owners(a few turn bad)afterwards Sorry guys if I have caused any worry..I wanted to know about Freds case SO i ASKED YOU GUYS...Problems are clearly in the system of issue but the firearms units have to be carefull eh??? THANX ..Clay :good:

:D As I said it wants a reform of the legislation regarding the issue/renewal and holding of the certificate.When I started shooting one went along to the local post office and bought one from them like the TV license.Then you applied to the Police HQ and was sent a white Postcard type (no photo or gun details on)Now of course we have the photo,details,etc.Why is it so large though ..Ahhh! so we dont loose it out in the field I bet thats the answer eh?..what about a plastic credit card size??? :good:

To save inconvinience and embarrasment, I live by the code of taking my certificate, or at least a copy of the front page, every time I go shooting, take the gun anywhere, even to RFD or gunsmith, buying cartridges or even if I think I may pop into a gunshop on holiday to look (window shopping :lol:, and yes, I have been looking at shotguns in a larger shops once and I was asked for my licence. Was supsspected of being a yoof ) or buy a shops on load, which I have a habbit of collecting. :good: When my licence needs to be renewed, I'll simply keep hold of a photo copy of the front page and stock up on shells before i send it off.

Edited by cant hit rabbits 123