big fox

camokid

hi chaps managed to call this big lad in last night he was about 1oo yards off, called him in to about 50 and took the shot, he was a runner that came in fast and had to be shouted to stop him in his tracks. as i looked though the scope i could tell he was a big boy. i was supprised he ran in like he did, but i have not really lamped this small field its at the edge of a small village and i recon hes been fed by the neighbours

1zw2hrm.jpg

not bad 44"

2mo3zlu.jpg

now this was hard i did manage to get it of with one cut from the neck to the bottom of the gut without gutting him. WHAT A SMELLY BASXXXX

2w6a0zc.jpg

thanks andy

It certainly is a big fox Andy! Rather you than me skinning a fox though, they smell bad enough in the fur so I hate to think what they might smell like when you are skinning them.

Well done on getting him, you have no doubt saved a few Christmas dinners from being eaten prematurely!

It certainly is a big fox Andy! Rather you than me skinning a fox though, they smell bad enough in the fur so I hate to think what they might smell like when you are skinning them.

Well done on getting him, you have no doubt saved a few Christmas dinners from being eaten prematurely!

trust me pete i wont be rushing into it again :lol: i did wear rubber gloves but can i still smell that musty stench now. must admit tho it does look pretty smart

trust me pete i wont be rushing into it again :lol: i did wear rubber gloves but can i still smell that musty stench now. must admit tho it does look pretty smart

Definitely looks smart Andy, but like I say with regards to skinning foxes, rather you than me. If you tan the skin you will have a cracking decoy for crows mate!

did you remove the skull, as it looks like it still has eye's in there :blush:

I did a badger that we removed from the track after it got cut in half by a train, removed the mask from the skull, that was smelly enough,

the head/skull is still in i did not feel confident enough to take a full mask of for someone else's project

Tanning fox hides is very easy at home, there are tanning kits you can buy online that give really clear and easy instructions. Much of the work comes from cleaning the pelt to get all the meat, fat and the vel off, and when it's tanned, 'breaking' the fibres of the pelt to soften it up.

For tanning kits try this link ...

My link

and ignore the fact it says hair off, you can use it to tan anything. If anyone wants any tanning tips, just ask, be happy to help. :)